Congrats to Ashley Andrade - National Player of the Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to Ashley Andrade - National Player of the Week

Ashley Andrade becomes only the 3rd Shocker (Emily Adney and Emily Stockman being the others) to be honored as the National Player of the Week for her oustanding play in this past weekends NCAA matches.

WICHITA, Kan. ? Wichita State volleyball student-athlete Ashley Andrade has been named the Collegiate Volleyball Update National Player of the Week.

As Coach Lamb said in his post game comments these kind of numbers for a middle blocker don't happen unless a lot of things are going right. A good dig and pass, a good read and set from Chelsey and a good read and finish by Ashley.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 4, 2012, 12:03 PM.

One thing that kind of goes unnoticed from Ashley because it is not something she has to do a lot, but for a big, strong middle blocker, she sets the ball very well when she needs to in and out-of-system situation.

Also, while she set the school NCAA records for points in a match with 25.5 against Arkansas she almost matched that with 24.5 points in the Kansas match.

I'm not sure it is possible for Ashley to play any better than she did this past weekend.

Comment

Thanks @1972Shocker:! That's so cool and a perfect topper to a great weekend when her Dad surprised her in Lawrence. Memories to last a lifetime.

Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Thanks @1972Shocker! That's so cool and a perfect topper to a great weekend when her Dad surprised her in Lawrence. Memories to last a lifetime.

Go Shocks!
        I thought I caught Elizabeth saying something about Ashley playing so well in front of someone, but I didn't catch who that was. I did see her give a big hug to a gentleman, I assumed to be her father, in the KU post game video.

I take he doesn't get to many, if any, live matches from Glendale, AZ. Perhaps that was a factor that inspired Ashley. That is cool.

Comment

That was indeed her padre. The tears were pouring, from both of them. He didn't tell her he was coming up so it was a big surprise...you can imagine her reaction. He's a big tough looking guy.....kind of funny to see him as emotional as Ashley, but I can more than sympathize.

I don't know how many matches he's seen, but yeah, I took it that it's not many.

Comment

Nothing more rewarding for a parent than seeing your child rewarded for their hard work and dedication.

Comment

Working...
            X