Shocker VB at Charlotte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker VB at Charlotte

The Shockers head to North Carolina for their conference weekend. The match on Friday is against Charlotte with a 5 pm CT start.

The 49ers (1949, the year the school was saved by the state from being shut down) are 1-5 in the AAC with their only win against UTSA at home.

Prognostications are 98% and 3-0. Per Pablo and Massey, Charlotte is easily the worst team in the conference.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; 5 days ago.

Wednesday Match

(Much the same reporting found on another thread.)

Rice 0-3 South Florida
    21, 14, 23

Set One: USF trailed 19-21 and scored six in a row.
    Set Two: 12-9 for the Bulls became 20-9 and the result was just a matter of time.
    Set Three: USF led 22-16 before Rice went on a run to tie the score at 23. Two blocks and the Bulls won the match.

Andrade was 21-4-42 for .405, and Sawtelle was 19-2-32 for .531. The pair had 40 of the 49 kills by USF.

As a team, USF was .316 v .184.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; 5 days ago.

Comment

Wednesday Match

Rice 0-3 South Florida
      21, 14, 23

After this match, Figstats has the following RPI:

36 Rice
      53 South Florida
      62 Tulsa
      66 Shockers

Comment

Lol at set one

Comment

Waiting for the wheels to fall off as we speak

Comment

We look like ants who just got water poured on their dirt with how much we are running around the court

Comment

I like Stout Gonzalez and Leggett up front would like to see Barham rotate in to add defense and I’m still not sure how the littles will hold up against other teams who have better hitters really kills us to not have Gabi this year

Comment

Food for thought for this game

We need our littles in the back to step up

Charolette is reaaaaaaaally bad and that’s being nice

Set one should’ve gone the other way

Barham got a chance Lambo do you read Shockernet?

Comment

Shockers 3-0 Charlotte
                  22, 16, 15

Set One: 19-22 and the Shocks scored six in a row.
                  Set Two: 17-15 and the Shockers went off on the 49ers.
                  Set Three: 6-4 moved to 10-4 and it was downhill from there.

Alyssa led the offense with 13-2-25 for .440. Brooklyn, 8-2-18 for .333. Morgan, 8-2-19 for .316.

Emerson was not much, and neither was Maddie. Sarah (3-0-3 for 1.000) played the third set in her place.

.272 v .214. 2 blocks (solos by Morgan and Emerson) v 9. Ugh! Service errors/aces were 4/8!! v 11/2.
                  Last edited by flyingMoose; 3 days ago.

Comment

Other Friday Matches

Rice 0-3 Florida Atlantic
                    23, 22, 21
                    Wow!

Temple 0-3 East Carolina
                    21, 22, 26

Tulsa 1-3 North Texas
                    12, (22), 15, 21

Tulane 3-2 Memphis
                    (19), (16), 22, 20, 11

UAB 0-3 UTSA
                    22, 21, 19
                    Last edited by flyingMoose; 3 days ago.

Comment

I am not terribly surprised by FAU beating Rice. They have some good athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        No doubt. When Rosado gets going they are a handful.

Tulsa looked awful tonight. USF is good and plays smart and very hard, but the tournament here should be competitive at a minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          I thought the result said more about Rice than it did FAU.

Comment

A bit of an odd match I thought.

Not sure the stats are just right, but they outblocked us 9-2?

Charlotte is not good and there's no reason Jessica Ricks should be allowed to go 10-1-22 .409 We're better than that.

One of the rare matches I thought our defense (back row mostly) was worthy of props and outplayed the other side.

Am I alone in thinking we served with ambition and purpose as much or more than at any time this season? I guess I don't get why against Charlotte.....maybe I'm dead wrong. But we did serve very tough last night.

8 aces to 4 service errors and many more serves got the 49rs out of system right off the bat.

Not a great match, but good enough for last night. ECU will require much, much more to get the dub.

And I think for many reasons, the ECU match is crucial for both this season and the program in general.

Comment

Working...
                            X