• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    Shockers 1-3 USF
    13, (22), 18, 25

This team misses Gabi - a lot!!
    Yes, the team does miss Gabi a lot, as well as Frosty and Sophia.

Brooklyn got off to a really poor start hitting every thing long. In the 2nd and 3rd sets I think Lambo moved Maddie from the middle to the right side in place of Brooklyn and inserted Sarah Barham in the middle. That really didn't solve the Shockers' woes.

Lambo did reinsert Brooklyn on the right side in set 4 and she did contribute a couple of solo blocks and her only kill of the match.

Coming into the match I had expressed concern that the Shocks had enough scoring to keep up with USF and they dud not.

Bright spots for me were the aggressive play from Allyssa and the big come back by the Shocks at the end of set 4 when they very easily could have thrown in the towel although those last 3 points of the set after the Shocks took a 25-24 lead were pretty painful.

But with Gabi, Frosty and Sophia gone or unavailable (and perhaps Morgam Weber on the back row to some degree) this team is not nearly as good as last year's ream and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of options to mitigate that this year.

Comment

BTW, had the Shocks run out of substitutions by the end of the match ? I noticed on match point that the Shocks had Emerson and Alyssa side by side on the back row with USF delivering the service ace right between them.

Comment

Working...
      X