No announcement yet.

Shocker VB at Shocker Volleyball Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonzo gets going sfter a Swifty Morgan kill. Shocks jump out to 4-0 lead.

A Omaha timeout followed by a Omaha kill, another Gonzo kill and an Emerson/Morgan stuff makes it 6-1 and Omaha uses its 2nd timeout .

Can the Shocks hold on. 8-3 at the court swap.

Luck smiling on Omaha 9-6.

A challenge on another touch goes Omaha's way . Shocks can't put away a couple free balls and the lead is down to 12-10.

12-12. Shocks quit playing too soon.

Down 12-13 Swifty Morgan lays down the law with 3 kills as the Shocks survive 15-13.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Looking better in the 5th.

Comment

We get very few clean hits. Every one hits the hand of a blocker.

Comment

Eeked that one out.

From what I saw, which I admit hasn't been much, don't set anyone but Stout until the other team consistently stops her. I didn't see any of our other hitters be able to get a ball down inbounds.

Comment

If you liked Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde you will love this team.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Eeked that one out.

From what I saw, which I admit hasn't been much, don't set anyone but Stout until the other team consistently stops her. I didn't see any of our other hitters be able to get a ball down inbounds.
              Unfortunately, our opponents are very aware of this as well and they are making it as tough as they can on Swifty.

This team very much misses Frosty and Sophia. Next year's team will miss Swifty big time as well especially her competitiveness.

Comment

Bottom line I think a 2-1 showing in this tournament was pretty decent especially with one of the wins over Cal Poly who I think was the best team in the field.

All-in-all seems like the teams were pretty evenly matched.

Maddie Wilson does look like she could add a liitle boost to the offense but from what I have seen she is not as good a blocker as Sarah B is.

I like the growth Gonzo is showing but she is kind of an all or none proposition fight now.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

I started watching a little way into the 4th set. We look completely outclassed by . . . Omaha.

Has attendance been as bad as it looks there today?
                  How did you, or anyone else that watched the game on TV, think Emily Hiebert sounded? Think she is going to be the new "Voice of Shocker Volleyball"? I think they might be setting her up to take over Shocker volleyball broadcasts. She was sitting beside Mike Kennedy wearing headphones for all three of these games.

I wish they would switch the cameras to broadcast the game from the other side of the court. Most of the people sit on the west side of the arena, opposite of the player's benches, closer to the entrance/exit.

The attendance was 1783 for Cal Poly and 1318 for Omaha. They didn't give numbers for UNC, but I guess it was somewhere between those two.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Our left side attack is killing us.
                    Yes, in Set One, all the pins hit negative, all three of them.

We look completely outclassed by . . . Omaha.
                    Even though the Shocks won 3-2, they were outpointed by the Mavericks, 107-113.​

Comment

Originally posted by Critter's Pa View Post

How did you, or anyone else that watched the game on TV, think Emily Hiebert sounded? Think she is going to be the new "Voice of Shocker Volleyball"? I think they might be setting her up to take over Shocker volleyball broadcasts. She was sitting beside Mike Kennedy wearing headphones for all three of these games.

I wish they would switch the cameras to broadcast the game from the other side of the court. Most of the people sit on the west side of the arena, opposite of the player's benches, closer to the entrance/exit.

The attendance was 1783 for Cal Poly and 1318 for Omaha. They didn't give numbers for UNC, but I guess it was somewhere between those two.
                      I wondered who the other voice was. With some seasoning I think she could do well, especially as a color commentator. I would have to hear more before judging whether she'd be good at play-by-play.

Comment

I attended 2 of the matches but watched replays of all 3 matches.

I thiught Emily was a little hesitant to chime in during the Cal Poly match but was progresdively better in the final 2 matches.

She did pretty well I thought in that role. She certainly has a face made for TV but they don't show it much Nice calm demeanor and short and to the point.

No she will not takeover for Kennedy in the P-B-P role IMO.

Comment

I don't know how many PBP guys you want whenever HOFMK decides to walk away, but I hope Denning, who is fantastic imho, takes the lion's share of the duties. I'll take all the Emily Hiebert they want to give us, but I'd hate to see her get burnt out on Shocker Athletics, and her skills are needed for the Collective as much as possible. Just my opinion folks.

Comment

Being a curious sort,

Odds and Ends

Current RPI via Figstats:

22 -> 47 Cal Poly
                            52 -> 107 Northern Colorado
                            69 -> 94 Shockers
                            312 -> 266 Omaha​

Any benefit from playing these teams will come from the record they build up with wins in their conference.

Comment

Working...
                            X