Shockers vs Drake - Sat, 11/17 - Senior Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockers vs Drake - Sat, 11/17 - Senior Night

This is a match the Shockers should win and normally wouldn't be one to get too amped up about.

However, Senior Nights are always special to me and once again we bid farewell to two outstanding young ladies in Emily Adney and Jackie Church. I encourage all Shocker fans to make an effort to get to the match to make the final home match of Emily's and Jackie's Shocker careers a memorable one.

The volleyball program continues to churn out outstanding student-athletes in the truest sense of the word and Emily and Jackie are no exception to that tradition.

Thank you ladies for your outstanding contributions to the Shocker Volleyball program and for your classy representation of our University and community over the past 4 years. It has been a joy having you as Shockers. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts and we wish all the best to you in your future endeavors.

Go Emily! Go Jackie! Go Shockers!

For some reason, it seems Jackie has been here so much longer (I know it's 5 vs 4 but still, seems a lot more) than Emily. Great young ladies and they will be missed, to say the least.

It's a love hate relationship with Senior night.

Comment

Shockers 3-0 Drake.

16, 20 and 21.
      Last edited by flyingMoose; November 17, 2012, 09:03 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
        Shockers 3-1 Drake.

16, 20 and 21.
        Actually that would be 3-0, although it was looking like the Shocks were going to drop a set through most of Set 3 before they put on a late rally.

Considering the tough emotional loss to Creighton last night I think the Shocks did pretty well coming back with, if not an inspiring effort, a workmanlike effort tonight to pick up their 20th win to make it 10 consecutive seasons with 20 wins.

Elizabeth was very good tonight in the middles and Ashlyn was solid on the left.

Lambo believes the Shocks need to win at least one match in Springfield to have a shot at the NCAA Tournament. Let's hope we have something to give thanks for VB-wise on Thursday evening.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 17, 2012, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Actually that would be 3-0, although it was looking like the Shocks were going to drop a set through most of Set 3 before they put on a late rally.
          Corrected. Thanks.

Comment

Missouri State leading Creighton 9-8 in the 5th and deciding set in Springfield.

Comment

Missouri State 2-3 Creighton

20-25, 25-17, 27-25, 18-25 and 13-15.

:( The Bears had a 9-6 lead in the fifth set but could not hold it. Our path to the NCAAs just got a little more difficult, having to play Missouri State in the first round on their home court.

Comment

if my calculations are correct, the MVC bracket will be this:

#1 Creighton vs. winner of [#4 SIU v. #5 ILS]
                #2 UNI vs. winner of [#3 WSU v. #6 MSU]

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
                  if my calculations are correct, the MVC bracket will be this:

#1 Creighton vs. winner of [#4 SIU v. #5 ILS]
                  #2 UNI vs. winner of [#3 WSU v. #6 MSU]
                  The Shocks play the late match on Thursday since the host school gets that time slot on the first day of the tourney.

Comment

Working...
                  X