Shocks v Bears Think Pink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks v Bears Think Pink

I'm sure @1972Shocker: will shortly provide his usual and outstanding breakdown of the match.

I won't have a chance to discuss this beyond now, and wanted to cover a few things.

Big game for our ladies tonight. It's easy to get a ticket, and if you can't come up with one, contact me. They need our support tonight. The Shocks are struggling and MSU has found their stride and is clearly performing as the 2nd or 3rd best team in the conference (right now).

The Shocks will be in pink tonight with the jerseys going on sale after the match and the proceeds going to charity.

I don't expect to see Sam again tonight, and don't be surprised if WSU has a different look or 2 to throw at the Bears. Lambo has been known to tinker when faced with an injury, and I expect tonight to be another one of those moments.

Hope to see many of you at the game tonight.

@WuDrWu not sure I need to say much more and I 2nd your motion for Shocker fans to get out and support the Lady Shocks.

Last weekend was really a struggle with the injury to Sam and the illness issue (I think both Chelsey and Ashley were under the weather).

Hopefully, the illness issue has run it's course. However, Sam is not 100% and may or not play and probably hasn't been able to practice much. Sounds like that will be a match time decision and I expect Katie to start, and assuming she is playing reasonably well, she will get most of the swings behind the setter or wherever Lambo may have plugged her in a re-tooled scheme.

As Doc stated, MSU seems to have found their game lately after struggling most of the season including a win over UNI in Springfield two weeks ago.

I really have no idea what to expect tonight. In the Shockers 3-1 win over the Bears in Springfield earlier in the season Sam lead the way with 15 kills (15-5-36 = .278) and our middles Ashley (12-2-22 = .455) and Elizabeth (10-2-22 = .364) had very good performances. The Shocks also served up 7 aces to 1 for the Bears. OTOH, Emily hit a very poor .020 (10-9-49) in that 1st match with the Bears.

Sam may not even play tonight. Ashely has struggled in recent matches. And the Shocks serving tends to come and go. We definitely have to have more out of Emily. Also MSU was without the services of Kaitlin Jaeger in that 1st match. Jaeger is #4 in the MVC in attack percentage at .322.

The one thing I do expect is that the Lady Shocks will give it everything they have. Hopefully, that will be enough.

Match notes from goShockers.com: http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...DB_OEM_ID=7500

BTW, I also expect Jackie Church's pink game jersey will gather some very attractive bids.

Speaking of very attractive. Katelyn Panzau is a Volunteer Assistant on the Bears coaching staff. If that does't ring a bell @WuDrWu can fill you in on Katelyn.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      BTW, I also expect Jackie Church's pink game jersey will gather some very attractive bids.

Speaking of very attractive. Katelyn Panzau is a Volunteer Assistant on the Bears coaching staff. If that does't ring a bell @WuDrWu can fill you in on Katelyn.
      Sage words '72. I'd speculate nobody will outbid Jackie's parents on her jersey, but for the sake of charity, I'd like to see someone try. With any luck the Bears coaching staff will have a meet and greet poster signage after losing the match. Katelyn might need some consoling. Not a big fan of anything MSU but KP is certainly my all time favorite Bear.

Comment

Great win by the Shocks.
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Not sure the Shocks were hitting on all cylinders but the outcome was great as the Shocks picked up a 4-set win over the Lady Bears 25-23, 23-25, 25-17 and 25-17 in front of a very good and active crowd of 3,825 in Koch Arena.

Set one was somewhat of a back and forth affair as the Shocks would gain a 3 or 4 point advantage, then the Bears would rally, then the Shocks would separate a little again and then the Bears would rally again with the Shocks hanging on for the 25-23 win.

Shocks fell behind 10-17 then made a great comeback sparked by a nice service run by Mash. The Shocks actually regained the lead at 22-21, but the Bears won 4 of the last 5 points with set point coming on a disputed Bear attack that was long but the up-official called a tip on one of the Shocks. If it was tipped it was ever so slight because the ball did not really change directions.

Shocks came back after intermission and put together two very solid sets to close out the match. Our passing was a little hit and miss and I though Chelsey was a little inconsistent with her setting tonight but the Shocks out-blocked the Bears 13 to 8, out-aced them 3-1 and out-hit them .241 to .174. In set 3 the Shocks out-hit the Bears .359 to .200 and in the 4th and final set out-hit the Bears .406 to .103.

As pretty much anticipated Sam Sanders did not play. Lambo moved Katie to the left side and Emily to the right. Katie responded admirably with a career best match of 11-0-24 = .458. Elizabeth also had perhaps her best overall match as a Shocker hitting 19-3-28 = .571.

Emily was a decent 11-3-39 = .205 and had several nice back row and out of system attacks. Ashlyn only had 5 kills with 4 errors but seemed like she had a better night than that. Probably because she lead the Shocks with 2 solo blocks and 3 block assists.

A very good win for the Shocks in front of a very good group of Shocker fans.

:good:
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 10, 2012, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Agree with Lambo, best win of the year but will be topped when we knock out the Bluejays next weekend. Love our team when we mix it up all over the court. Middles were both All Valley and two freshmen on the outside were fearless, Emily and Jackie were great Senior leaders,. All good things start with a good pass and having an All American setter! Thanks
            GO SHOX!

Comment

Working...
            X