2024 NCAA Softball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Addie is also quite a bit lower on the number of games played list than everyone else.
    I think Addie is still 3rd All-time in home runs per game. I will have to double check that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I think Addie is still 3rd All-time in home runs per game. I will have to double check that.
      One of the links to articles associated with the Tournament did not have Addie on the total-HR list at all!!! Not sure of the site the article was on, but someone was not even close to doing their homework.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
        Super Regionals

#1 Texas v #16 Texas A&M

#8 Stanford v #9 LSU

#5 Oklahoma State v Arizona

#4 Florida v Baylor

#3 Tennessee v #14 Alabama

#6 UCLA v #11 Georgia

#7 Missouri v #10 Duke

#2 Oklahoma v #15 Florida State
        Shocker opponents in the Tournament are National Seeds #2 Oklahoma, #5 Oklahoma State, #7 Missouri, and #12 Arkansas. In addition to Charlotte and Florida Atlantic, other opponents in the Tournament are Auburn, Clemson, and South Carolina.
        Last edited by flyingMoose; May 20, 2024, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Shocker opponents in the Tournament are National Seeds #2 Oklahoma, #5 Missouri, #7 Missouri, and #12 Arkansas. In addition to Charlotte and Florida Atlantic, other opponents in the Tournament are Auburn, Clemson, and South Carolina.
          #5 Okie State

Comment

One of the links to articles associated with the Tournament did not have Addie on the total-HR list at all!!! Not sure of the site the article was on, but someone was not even close to doing their homework.
            I wonder if it was this link: https://www.ncaa.com/news/softball/a...me-run-leaders

Should we be surprised it is a NCAA.com site?
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 20, 2024, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I wonder if it was this link: https://www.ncaa.com/news/softball/a...ome-run-leader

Should we be surprised it is a NCAA.com site?
              Oh, you haven't heard? The NCAA now only recognizes P5 athletes in the record books.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Oh, you haven't heard? The NCAA now only recognizes P5 athletes in the record books.
                Correct link: https://www.ncaa.com/news/softball/a...me-run-leaders

They seemed to have been able to include Karli Spaid of Miami (OH).

Also not listed is Tiare Jennings of Oklahoma.

When this article was written Jennings had 89 career home runs and Addie had 86.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 20, 2024, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

#5 Okie State
                  Ack!! You are right. Been corrected.

Comment

The WCWS is set after the Super Regionals. Five of the Supers required a third game, tying a record. The tournament is divided into two double-elimination pods. The winners of the pods play a best-two-of-three Championship Series. The tournament is from Thursday, May 30, through Friday, June 7, if an If Game is needed. The initial games are below.

#6 UCLA v #14 Alabama

#2 Oklahoma v #10 Duke

#1 Texas v #8 Stanford

#4 Florida v #5 Oklahoma State

Comment

The Champonship Series is Texas v Oklahoma, the #1 and #2 National Seeds, respectively. The best-of-three series begins Wednesday.

Texas 1-0 Stanford and

Oklahoma 6-5(8) Florida in the If Game

to reach the Series.
                      Last edited by flyingMoose; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

It will sure be good to see Gabby Scott in Shocker black and gold instead of that burnt orange stuff of Texas.
                        Go Shocks!

Comment

Oklahoma 8-3 Texas

Texas 4-8 Oklahoma

The Sooners win their fourth consecutive Championship
                          Last edited by flyingMoose; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

FOUR PEAT COMPLETE: Sooners Claim Eighth National Title

The Sooners officially capped the most dominant four-year span in Division I history Thursday night with an 8-4 victory over rival Texas at the Women's College World Series.

The clincher came in Game Two of the best-of-three championship series before a crazed sellout crowd of 12,324 at Devon Park.

OU has now won eight national crowns all-time and six of the last eight.

For good measure, the Sooners have now beaten Texas 33 times in the last 36 meetings and are 6-0 against the Longhorns in the WCWS.​

Comment

Working...
                            X