Clear All

Sunday Games

Charlotte 4-1 UAB
    The 49ers scored their four runs in the top of the seventh

Florida Atlantic 6-2 USF

UTSA 10-4 Tulsa

East Carolina 8-6 Memphis
    The Pirates scored five in their seventh for the win
    Last edited by flyingMoose; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

I love these girls and Coach B has done a fantastic job, but the inconsistency they've had this year has been frustrating. A lot of blown leads late in games and pitching that has been all over the place, then we have games where the bats are left in the locker room. There's too much talent to be where we are right now, needing to win the conference tournament to dance.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

We’ve won a bunch of close games the last couple of years…seems like that hasn’t been the case this year. Lucas missing the year makes a big difference and we probably win a lot of those games.

Comment

All I can say is the AAC must be one badass softball league if these numbers only net you an Honor Roll mention.

Comment

is this legal?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              is this legal?
              Wow! Just froze her with that change.

Comment

All I can say is the AAC must be one badass softball league if these numbers only net you an Honor Roll mention.
                The North Texas pitcher that ate us up got Pitcher of the Week.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

The North Texas pitcher that ate us up got Pitcher of the Week.
                  I don't know about eating us up. Skyler Savage us up if she is the one who threw 6 innings in North Texas 1-0 win on Saturday.

Her line was 6 IP, 0 Runs, 9 Hits, 5 Walks, 4 Strikeouts and 2 walks while facing 32 batters and stranding 13 base runners.

CB's line was 6 IP, 1 Run, 3 Hits, 0 Walks, 14 Strikeouts and 0 wild pitches while facing 21 batters and stranding 2 base runners.

In their other appearances in the series.

Savage pitched 2.2 innings on Friday and did well not allowing a run on 1 hit, 1 walk and 1 strikeout.

On Sunday, 14 hours after the end of Saturday's game Chloe was back in the circle. Her line:
                  7 IP, 0 Runs, 2 Hits (both singles). 3 Walks and 3 Strikeouts.

I will give credit to Savage for the Houdini act on Saturday but I give a similar amount of credit for that to the Shocker hitters for going 0-13 with RISP.

I think the main reason they gave it Savage was because Chloe won it the previous week.

That said it really doesn't mean much. What is more important is for Chloe to keep dealing like she has in her last 3 starts. If she does that I don't really care if she wins another Pitcher of the Week award.

Comment

I think the main reason they gave it Savage was because Chloe won it the previous week.
                    Because North Texas won the series and the Shockers didn't.

Savage pitching? Shocker hitting? Kind of a chicken and egg thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X