Shocker SB v #6/6 Oklahoma State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker SB v #6/6 Oklahoma State

The Shockers and Cowgirls play the second half of their annual home-and-home on Wednesday at 6 pm. In March, the Shockers lost 4-3 in eight innings. Enough said about that.

Oklahoma State have a record of 35-8 overall and 13-5 in the Big XII. They split with Tulsa, won the series against now #1 Texas, but lost the series against Iowa State this past weekend.

(Back to season stats for this game)

The leading hitters for OSU are Caroline Wang (OPS of 1.205 and sixteen homers), Rosie Davis (1.089 and seven homers), and Micaela Wark (1.001 and eight homers). Karli Godwin joins the hit parade with nine homers. Most of the starts for the pitching staff are spread among Lexi Kilfoyl (ERA of 1.00 and WHIP of 0.75), Ivy Rosenberry (1.47 and 1.08), and Kyra Woodcock (3.03 and 1.41). Kilfoyl and Rosenberry pitched in the March game.

The three leading hitters for the Shocks continue to be CC (1.467 and twelve homers), Addison (1.358 and fifteen homers), and Taylor (1.049 and ten homers). No pitcher has an ERA less than 4.00 or a WHIP less than 1.50.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

I am curious about how professional softball will go this summer. This is a Shocker town, but is it enough of a softball town?

Comment

Lauren and Aycock are the starters. I am gone for almost all of this, so this probably my last comment.

Comment

Felt like Avery played the bases way too safe in the 6th for being a pinch runner

Comment

Shocks let another great opportunity for a big win slip through their fingers.

Led 5-1 after 4 before OSU rallied for 5 runs in the top of the 5th.

Personally, I thought HCKB stayed with Lauren in the circle a litle too long in the 5th, BWDIK.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              Felt like Avery played the bases way too safe in the 6th for being a pinch runner
              How so? Looked to me that she was following KB’s signals, though I guess she could have ignored her.

KB arguably left Howell in too long, and our hitting lately as a team has been very meh. Lacking situational hitting.

And I 100% agree with what has been said regarding the pitching coach, something is amiss, generally speaking.

All in all, it’s not a formula for winning. (Will admit that the fielding today was very good, especially by Sami).

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post

How so? Looked to me that she was following KB’s signals, though I guess she could have ignored her.

KB arguably left Howell in too long, and our hitting lately as a team has been very meh. Lacking situational hitting.

And I 100% agree with what has been said regarding the pitching coach, something is amiss, generally speaking.

All in all, it’s not a formula for winning. (Will admit that the fielding today was very good, especially by Sami).
                I wasn't there, so I couldn't see KB. Just what was shown on ESPN+. On the single that put her on 3rd, she really hesitated when it felt like she should have been going all out on anything on the ground and force them to make a play. If so, she might have been able to be waived around on that play. Then on CC's out to short, she was barely off the base and didn't even give the SS anything to really think about.

Not at all blaming her, just was a little surprised how little she pushed it. She was barely off the bag on both those plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I wasn't there, so I couldn't see KB. Just what was shown on ESPN+. On the single that put her on 3rd, she really hesitated when it felt like she should have been going all out on anything on the ground and force them to make a play. If so, she might have been able to be waived around on that play. Then on CC's out to short, she was barely off the base and didn't even give the SS anything to really think about.

Not at all blaming her, just was a little surprised how little she pushed it. She was barely off the bag on both those plays.
                  I hear ya. Probably for me, bigger issue was CC grounding out to SS, a drawn in infield, not getting the Avery home with less than 2 outs. There’s that situational hitting coming into play again. Just get it out of the infield which I know, can be easier said than done…but geez, she’s one of the nation’s leading hitters.

Comment

On the single that sent Avery to third, i thought she had to hesitate to make sure the line drive got through so she wouldn't be doubled up. CC getting double up on third in the first was the real head scratcher to me. You just can't make that out there. There is NO advantage to getting a good jump on third with no outs. Killed a potential early rally.

KB staying with Lauren there was not a super bad call. Alison came in and let both inherited runners score, like she did against OU, and then gave up two of her own. Lauren had been pitching well right to that point. The wheels just came off completely. There were plenty of opportunities to win that game and the Shocks just didn't get it done.
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

Also, the OSU reliever was VERY good. We had our chance in the 6th. She came out in the 7th throwing FIRE!
                      Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
                      X