Shocker SB v Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker SB v Oklahoma

This game has been postponed until Tuesday, April 9.

Good call. The cold zaps me more than it used to.
    Go Shocks!

Comment

Try this again.

OU just lost 2 in a row to Texas. Things may get “interesting” tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
        Try this again.

OU just lost 2 in a row to Texas. Things may get “interesting” tomorrow night.
        So they're going to take out their frustrations on a pitching staff that has been more miss than hit lately.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

So they're going to take out their frustrations on a pitching staff that has been more miss than hit lately.
          That looks like what is happening. Probably wouldn't make a difference but Lauren walked 2 in the first inning and then walked 3 more in the second. All 5 walks scored and OU is up 7-0 after 2 innings. They don't really need that much help but I guess I understand not wanting to pitch the ball in the strike zone against OU.

Comment

Alison has done a terrific job in relief of Lauren after coming in in the 2nd inning with the bases loaded and no outs. Alison did allow the 3 inherited runners to score but has not allowed OU anything since then and she actually has gotten the Shockers into the 6th inning which seemed pretty unlikely after the 2nd inning. I would have not bet any money on that. Make that into the 7th after a scoreless 6th.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Do any of our pitchers have better numbers than they did last year? Something seems to be amiss.

Comment

Your not going to win any games where you are shoutout but I was sure the Sooners were on their way to a 5 inning run-rule win after taking 7-0 lead after 2 innings.

If you disregard the inherited runners, Alison basically shut out the mighty Sooners over 6 innings, allowing 6 hits and striking out 5 and most importantly walking only 1. I was not able to watch the game but I'm thinking this may have been Alison's best performance as a Shocker. Hopefully, this will give her the confidence to be effective the rest of the season.

The Shockers did threaten a bit in the 6th and 7th when they got 3 of their 4 hits in the game but really were not in the game from the get go. Not a game we expected to win and Alison's work in the circle was certainly a bright spot.

Comment

If you disregard the inherited runners, Alison basically shut out the mighty Sooners over 6 innings, allowing 6 hits and striking out 5 and most importantly walking only 1. I was not able to watch the game but I'm thinking this may have been Alison's best performance as a Shocker. Hopefully, this will give her the confidence to be effective the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Do any of our pitchers have better numbers than they did last year? Something seems to be amiss.
                    This project is on my to-do list when I can make some time for it.

Comment

Alison pitched very well. She was very close to getting out of the second with only one run given up.

The biggest thing I have noticed about our pitching is that we have a LOT of trouble throwing strikes, and not just tonight. In the last two games we have given up 15 walks. It is a tough row to hoe when you can't find the strike zone. Alison came in tonight and made OU swing the bat. I hope the pitchers noticed the success Alison had finding the strike zone.
                      Go Shocks!

Comment

Walks are killers.

Lauren would be about the last one I'd choose to pitch against 0U.

Coop did a fantastic job.

Gotta have some offense.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                        X