No announcement yet.

Shocker SB v UTSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like perfect weather for the OU game again.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Looks like perfect weather for the OU game again.
      Would not surprise me if they cancel it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Would not surprise me if they cancel it.
        The game has been postponed and rescheduled for April 9 at 6pm
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

The game has been postponed and rescheduled for April 9 at 6pm
          Hey at least they were able to reschedule it. Certainly a game that will help the Shockers RPI.

Comment

Hey at least they were able to reschedule it. Certainly a game that will help the Shockers RPI.
            I would think that this is a game that OU really likes too and every effort would be made to get it in. I'm still a little sour that we let the OSU game slip away. That would have been a huge win for the metrics.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

In the series vs. UTSA, Wong was 5-for-8 (.625) at the plate with four home runs, 11 RBI and five runs scored. She had an incredible slugging percentage of 2.125. The highlight of the weekend came in the finale on Saturday where she crushed three home runs and drove in six runs. She became just the third Shocker in program history to hit three home runs in a single game. Wong hit a pair of solo home runs and then belted a grand slam in her final at bat. In the opening game of the series, Wong was 2-for-3 with a home run and four RBI.

Her 3-for-3 day on Saturday raised her season batting average to .500, good for Top-5 nationally. She leads the team in hits (43), RBI (29) and is tied for the team lead in home runs (10).​

In addition, Lauren Howell was named to the American Athletic Conference Weekly Honor Roll after tossing a complete game shutout in the Shockers' 12-0 win on Saturday. She allowed just one hit and two walks, while striking out a career-high nine.​

Comment

In the series vs. UTSA, Wong was 5-for-8 (.625) at the plate with four home runs, 11 RBI and five runs scored. She had an incredible slugging percentage of 2.125. The highlight of the weekend came in the finale on Saturday where she crushed three home runs and drove in six runs. She became just the third Shocker in program history to hit three home runs in a single game. Wong hit a pair of solo home runs and then belted a grand slam in her final at bat. In the opening game of the series, Wong was 2-for-3 with a home run and four RBI.

Her 3-for-3 day on Saturday raised her season batting average to .500, good for Top-5 nationally. She leads the team in hits (43), RBI (29) and is tied for the team lead in home runs (10).​

In addition, Lauren Howell was named to the American Athletic Conference Weekly Honor Roll after tossing a complete game shutout in the Shockers' 12-0 win on Saturday. She allowed just one hit and two walks, while striking out a career-high nine.​
                OK, there needs to be a throwback night where the players all pick old school music (at least 90s preferably earlier) for their walkup tune. I would vote this for CC, and it would just need to be the drums and horns opening:

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                X