The Home Run Pledge Is Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Home Run Pledge Is Back

And I'm thinking about participating this year.

Go Shockers - Take the Shocker Home Run Pledge

Support your Wichita State student-athletes in a unique and exciting way by making a Home Run Pledge. Fans can pledge to donate their own customized dollar amount for every homer that Wichita State Baseball and/or Wichita State Softball hit in 2024.

To participate, select a dollar amount that includes $1, $5, $10, $25, $50 or $100. At the end of the season, donors will be charged their pledge amount multiplied by the total number of home runs hit by WSU players. For reference, the baseball team hit 72 home runs last season, while the softball team hit 70.

Donations are tax-deductible and go directly to the baseball or softball program. As an added bonus, donors will receive one Shocker priority point for every $250 donated.

One-time donations are also accepted and appreciated and there are also matching gift opportunities. To do so, tap the following link: Wichita State Athletics Scholarships | Support Shocker Success

To make a Baseball Home Run Pledge, click on this link and to make a Softball Home Run Pledge, click on this link and then follow these steps:
    It's a fun way to give something back and support what very well may be the best athletics program on campus.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Officially signed up to donate. I hope they take a few thousand off of me this season.
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

After the comments from Coach B, I have officially reached out to WSU/SASO to unpledge my donation and informed them as to why and that I will be instructing Capital One not to pay it and that they have already been contacted about it.

It's a shame that I was honestly excited to donate money that I would be better off keeping for myself and my future endeavors and Coach has officially made me do a 180.
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        After the comments from Coach B, I have officially reached out to WSU/SASO to unpledge my donation and informed them as to why and that I will be instructing Capital One not to pay it and that they have already been contacted about it.

It's a shame that I was honestly excited to donate money that I would be better off keeping for myself and my future endeavors and Coach has officially made me do a 180.
        That is pretty significant if you in fact are pulling a $2,000 donation as I think you mentioned elsewhere. I would guess something like that would easily put you in the top 10% of donors to the softball program. So that should get some attention.

I did not do the home run pledge this year and I have to admit I am no longer a very significant financial donor to WSU athletics (by necessity) so I don't really expect for my opinions to draw much attention. However, I did just cancel my $50 per month membership to the Wheat Shock NIL Collective. I can always reinstate that but for now it is my main way of sending my small message.

I guess I should let ADKS know the reason behind that decision even though it is a relatively insignificant amount for WSU.

Comment

72…imo, you should. KS needs to know, and actually I think would appreciate knowing.

There are so many ways I want to respond to KB. For now, I am going to simmer, and keep my sarcastic mind turned down. This whole thing is absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

That is pretty significant if you in fact are pulling a $2,000 donation as I think you mentioned elsewhere. I would guess something like that would easily put you in the top 10% of donors to the softball program. So that should get some attention.

I did not do the home run pledge this year and I have to admit I am no longer a very significant financial donor to WSU athletics (by necessity) so I don't really expect for my opinions to draw much attention. However, I did just cancel my $50 per month membership to the Wheat Shock NIL Collective. I can always reinstate that but for now it is my main way of sending my small message.

I guess I should let ADKS know the reason behind that decision even though it is a relatively insignificant amount for WSU.
            One of the pushes is to fund NIL with a significant amount of "insignificant" donations. So you absolutely need to let ADKS know why you are pulling your donation.

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, I've sent an email to the AD respectfully explaining why I'm pulling my pledge from the program.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

My email has been sent to ADKS to explain as respectfully as I could why I cancelled by NIL membership and why I thought Coach Bredbenner and Mike Kennedy were off base on this one.

BTW, I don't really expect much to come from it.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; 13 hours ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

This is why it’s important to mark where you want your NIL funds to go.
                  Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Working...
                  X