• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softball Schedule Update

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It appears the Shocker home opener vs Iowa on Wednesday has been cancelled according to the schedule on goshockers.com

Not sure what the reason for that is. Tuesday's high is 78, but Wednesday's high is only 48 but sunny with NW winds at 15 mph.

Hard to believe it has to do with weather. Perhaps Iowa saw what Choe did in the circle this weekend.

I did check the Iowa web site and they still list the game on their schedule.

I guess this makes it official:

Wednesday's Home Opener vs. Iowa Canceled

Wichita State's home opener vs. Iowa has been canceled due to inclement weather in the forecast.

The game could possibly be rescheduled for a later date, but has not been set at this time.

The Shockers' home opener is back to the originally scheduled Friday, March 8 weekend series vs. Florida Atlantic.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 26, 2024, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        The game could possibly be rescheduled for a later date, but has not been set at this time.
        The Iowa schedule has the Shockers traveling to Iowa City on Tuesday, 30 April, for a game. Nothing on the Shocker site. The date is a bit unexpected since the Shocks play Memphis that weekend Fri-Sun) and have the AAC Tournament the following week (Wed-Sat). With the Iowa game, the Shocks lose a "rest" week.

Comment

Working...
        X