Shocks @ Drake and @ Creighton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks @ Drake and @ Creighton

Shocks open MVC play on the road in Des Moines tonight at 7:00 pm.

Drake is 0-9 on the season and appear to be very young.

http://www.godrakebulldogs.com/Sport...PRINTABLE_PAGE=

Shocks need to come in focused and take care of business agains the Drake youngsters and sharpen up as much as possible for the big match in Omaha on Saturday.

Creighton hosts MSU tonight at 6:00 pm. That will be an interesting match in which Creighton should be favored.

The Shocks head over to Omaha on Saturday to take on the Bluejays at 6:00 pm in Sokol Arena where they are winless in 3 tries.

That should be a very good match, and again, Creighton will probably be the slight favorite.

If Creighton sweeps the Shocks and Bears this weekend they will be sitting pretty in the very early stages of the conference race and will put some pressure on the Shocks and Bears, although it would certainly not be the end of the world for either team.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 14, 2012, 05:14 PM.

:poster_wu::poster_shocks:
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I like the fact that we get the lesser foe tonite and cretin has to play a tougher match tonite. Would like to see the bears push the jays to five games and the Shox sweep in three to rest the legs and arms.

Comment

Creighton rolls over Missouri State 25-13 in Set 1. The Jays torched the Bears outhitting them 0.483 to 0.086.

Will see if MSU has any answers.

In Set 2 Creighton built a 13-7 lead and looked like they were ready to blow the Bears our of Sokol Arena. However, MSU finally got it going and tied the score at 16 all. MSU as late as 22-21, but the Jays rallied late for a 25-23 win to go up 2-0 at the break.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 14, 2012, 06:57 PM.

Comment

After this weekend, we will have an idea if the choice of MSU as second in the MVC preseason poll was a well informed or poorly informed choice. We'll see.

MSU@CU: 2-3
          InSU@SIU: 0-3
          WSU@DU: 3-0
          IlSU@UE:
          UNI@BU: 3-0
          Last edited by SpanglerFan316; September 14, 2012, 08:39 PM.
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
            I like the fact that we get the lesser foe tonite and cretin has to play a tougher match tonite. Would like to see the bears push the jays to five games and the Shox sweep in three to rest the legs and arms.
            Sometimes that works for you, sometimes against you. Playing a relatively weak opponent is not always the best prescription for getting ready for what appears to be a very tough Creighton team.

Comment

Shocks go up 10-4 and the give up a 6-point run to let Drake come back to tie Set 1 at 10 all.

Allowing teams to go on these long runs is a nasty habit this year's team seems to be prone to. You can probably get away with that against Drake but that will not work very well against the top teams in the league.

Comment

Shocks take set 1 by a 25-20 score, but the young ladies from Drake are battling.

Comment

MSU takes set 3 at Omaha 25-22 to push their match with Creighton to the 4th set.

MSU has 47 kills to 40 for CU, but CU has 5 aces to 1 for MSU with both teams having only 3 service errors and CU has 7 more blocks than does MSU.

Comment

Shocks break away from an 8-8 tie in Set 2 to take a 17-10 lead them promptly give up a 4-point run to allow Drake back in the set at 17-14. However, the Shocks won 8 of the next 10 points to take a 25-16 win and go up 2-0 at the break.

Sounds like Elizabeth Field is having a nice match.

Comment

MSU wins a very competitive back and forth Set 4 by a 25-22 score to push their match with Creighton to the always a crapshoot 5th set.

Comment

MSU wins game 4 to force a game 5. Christine McCartney has 22 kills for MSU so far.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                          MSU wins game 4 to force a game 5. Christine McCartney has 22 kills for MSU so far.
                          Yeah, it doesn't appear to take a rocket scientist to figure who you have to stop or control for MSU. Now actually doing it is a much tougher proposition.

Comment

CU jumps out to a 3-0 lead in the 5th forcing a MSU timeout.
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

CU wins the 5th 15-8.

Comment

Working...
                              X