This Weekend is the time to make a Statement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Weekend is the time to make a Statement

With Northern Iowa ready to drop out of the top 25 by losing to Iowa State tonight, it is time for the SHOX to make a statement about who is the best in the Valley .
    This write up about the teams will surprise you:
    Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.
    GO SHOX!

Yes, I was certainly surprised to learn that Kelsey Banwart leads the Shocks in kills. As for as making a statement as to who is the best in the Valley that will come when we match up with UNI, Creighton annd MSU.

The Shocks need to prove that their level of play this past weekend was not a fluke and take it to SMU, Texas State and Auburn. Doesn't look like any of these 3 teams own any signature wins, but the Shocks need to make sure they don't let down.

Comment

Kelsey has been sneaky good apparently. I haven't seen her with even 1 kill.

I agree, a statement needs to be made this weekend. I hope the ladies are focused.

Comment

Kelsey did get a kill in the 4th set against BYU. IIRC it was an overpass that found a hole.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Kelsey did get a kill in the 4th set against BYU. IIRC it was an overpass that found a hole.
          I remember now.....kind of a volleyball version of an anti "own goal" landing just over the net and nobody knowing what to do with it.

Comment

Perhaps the teams will focus on defending Kelsey on the attack ;) I see the confidence of this team growing with each match and with that, their momentum. I predict that they will continue to only get better and that soon we will see them in the top 25. Really want to see them beat Creighton at Creighton!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              I remember now.....kind of a volleyball version of an anti "own goal" landing just over the net and nobody knowing what to do with it.
              So sneaky, maybe it was intentional? A feint or a ruse!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

One thing I did notice on Sunday is how the girls carried themselves. Everyone looked pretty confident. Jackie has a swagger that I noticed when she walks around between points. Chelsey has a smooth demeanor and a quiet confidence and you could see that the ladies were together and working as a team. I could see this team improving A LOT over the season and being a force to be reckoned with by the end.

I didn't see Kelsey doing much attacking though. She must be sneaky about it.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  One thing I did notice on Sunday is how the girls carried themselves. Everyone looked pretty confident. Jackie has a swagger that I noticed when she walks around between points. Chelsey has a smooth demeanor and a quiet confidence and you could see that the ladies were together and working as a team. I could see this team improving A LOT over the season and being a force to be reckoned with by the end.

I didn't see Kelsey doing much attacking though. She must be sneaky about it.

I also like the attitude of this team. They have "it". I LOVE Elizabeth Field's demeanor this year. She has embraced the role of a leader and acts like it, on and off the court. Very proud of that young woman.

I've mentioned before how much I like Jordan Hinkle's fire....Gabby has shown some of the same, perhaps a little quieter, but still, she's a gamer. And there are a lot of gamers on this team.

Comment

Here is the link to today's Eagle article.

Comment

I think you can sign up for video to watch tonights match against SMU but will require a $9.95 monthly subscription and I don't think our other 2 matches in this tournament will be available on video. I will probably pass and just listen to Mike.

There is also a link to Gametracker at this link. http://www.smumustangs.com/sports/w-...ley-sched.html

Comment

Statement has been made. To me the real statement is our Coach Lamb. What a class act. Scheduling three pre-conference tournaments with the quality of teams we have just played. Wanting to play the best really shows what Lambo is about. Good volleyball. Our record isn't 9-0 but I will take what we have based on who we have played. We have a class act for a coach, his team, and all of the coaches. Thanks Lambo.
                        GO SHOX!

Comment

Working...
                        X