No announcement yet.

Shocker Volleyball Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think WSU has the talent to do well this year but the inconsistent play of the team is a reflection of its youth. I don't know if they will "get it together" by December but I can hope.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Very complimentary of their experience at Wichita State.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

Love these girls. They aren't that far away from being an elite team. They need a little better serving (certainly with fewer errors), more consistency out of the littles, and Gabby Urban was very good I thought yesterday, and someone up front other than Adney that can score on the pin, and that would seem to be Ashlyn....she has all the skills and talent and just needs to be able to put it all together. If she can do that, this team is capable of beating almost anyone in the country.

I couldn't be more proud of the effort this weekend....proud to be a Shocker!

Comment

Every time Ashlyn Driskill steps on the floor, she looks like she should dominate the game.

Her serves look great - if only she was more accurate (although Kelsey Banwart served terribly last night) - and one thinks that Ashlyn should have an ace with each serve.

Ashlyn has better court discipline than the rest of the team, who seem to bunch together. Ashlyn saved several points this weekend by "filling holes" where opponents tried to dump the ball.

Ashlyn needs to work on her attacks at the net; she can become much better.

I predict that, baring injury, Ashlyn will be all-conference by the time she is a junior but I don't think she will do so this year. (I hope I am wrong.)
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Tennessee drops a couple of spots to #16 in this weeks AVCA poll. As expected BYU moves into the Top 25. Colorado State drops out. Northern Iowa hangs in at #25. Somewhat of a pleasant surprise to me is that the Shocks picked up 10 votes.

Interestingly, the Shocks were not on Tennessee Coach Rob Patrick's ballot. He did have Creighton at #25 on his ballot which must have been the Bluejays only vote.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 3, 2012, 03:52 PM.

Comment

That's funny, Coach Patrick kind of struck me as a douchenozzle this weekend. It would appear my assessment was dead on.

Comment

Interesting that Oklahoma, who handled Missouri State earlier in the season, lost to Colorado State today, after also losing to Northern Colorado this last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  That's funny, Coach Patrick kind of struck me as a douchenozzle this weekend. It would appear my assessment was dead on.
                  Seemed like an OK guy to me. Who knows who actually fills out his ballot.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Seemed like an OK guy to me. Who knows who actually fills out his ballot.
                    In the BYU-Tennessee match, he was "pissing and moaning" a lot.

Comment

Working...
                    X