• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You’re on thin ice, Larry.

Comment

Originally posted by jimshocker View Post
      What a strange message board.

Where a guy brings up logical questions and predicts roster turbulence (even with NIVC championships kids leaving for 1 and done NCAA rosters) and the only response to reality is Jesus God.
      What reply were you looking for? "Jesus God" seemed like a good summation at the time.

Meanwhile as we head into spring with more DS on the roster (4) than pins (3), and ONE 5th year transfer at the setter spot, and folks on here acting like that’s normal D1 roster construction because Lambo is Jesus God.
      There are incoming freshmen. There is still a lot of time left in the portal. There could be more transfers toward the end of the semester. Not worried about only having one setter on the spring roster, we have a setter(or two) in the group of incoming freshmen. She will probably redshirt. There are also some pin hitters in that group.

The team is solid at ds/libero and setter. This is a good thing.

It was so awesome that the NIVC provided NEXT seasons roster so much experience to draw from. Oh wait, no it didn’t.

Dude, seriously.
      I'm sure that next season's roster would look much the same if the Shockers had one-and-done the NCAA, played in the NIVC, or, your favorite, stayed at home.

Serious dude question, what team are you a fan of?

You don't seem like a fan of Shocker volleyball. You have dumped on the team's achievements. Wouldn't surprise me that you root against their success. Weren't you the one that was happy some players had moved on?

Comment

Serious dude question, what team are you a fan of?

You don't seem like a fan of Shocker volleyball. You have dumped on the team's achievements. Wouldn't surprise me that you root against their success. Weren't you the one that was happy some players had moved on?

[/QUOTE]

I’m sure all the appropriate Positions will be filled with athletes in time for the season to begin.

How long and what are NCAA expectations for WSU volleyball? Is the NCAA tournament still the goal? Are 4-5 NIVC matches the goal.

How is Chris Lamb and WSU volleyball success measured?

The attendance for the NIVC was embarrassing. Fan support and attendance used to be a huge calling card for the team. Attendance figures are not favorable. Did the attendance even cover the cost of running the Arena each night?

In the past on this thread, it has been mentioned Lambo needs time to get players accustomed to his style. Given this roster make up, it’s going to be a very young team. How long before this team reaches whatever expectations set forth before accountability falls on Chris?

Two years ago most on this board expected NCAA volleyball in two years. Instead a 5 game run in the NIVC is celebrated? Now a young team is coming again. In two years we should expect what?

Im a volleyball fan. WSU volleyball used to be enjoyable. Over the years as I’ve attended 101 fundraisers, learned more about the HC, watched the fan support for WSU dwindle, the level of volleyball play go down, roster turnover constantly, I wonder if WSU can do better.

Comment

Originally posted by jimshocker View Post
          How long and what are NCAA expectations for WSU volleyball? Is the NCAA tournament still the goal? Are 4-5 NIVC matches the goal.
          I have typed this before, at least twice, and you don't seem to get it:

WSU did NOT turn down an NCAA bid.

WSU did not earn a spot in the NCAA tournament, there are several reasons for this, some out of the control of anyone at WSU. They did accept an invitation to play in the NIVC, played those games and won a championship.

Where do you get the idea that the NCAA tournament is not always a goal? Who said that? (Bring receipts) If no one said that, why to YOU keep asking it? If someone did say that, you'll have to take that up with them individually.
          The real question is why to you think that the team should sit at home if they have a chance to play more games? Wouldn't a fan want their team to play more games, both non-conference and post season?

Two years ago most on this board expected NCAA volleyball in two years. Instead a 5 game run in the NIVC is celebrated?
          Well, yes, a fan of a team would celebrate when their team wins a championship. I don't understand why a fan wouldn't. I really don't understand why a championship would draw a fan's ire, it would almost seem that person wasn't a fan of that team.

Now a young team is coming again. In two years we should expect what?
          Why in two years? Who knows what the team will look like in two years.

Next year, I expect good things from this team. Why? Because all of our DSs are good. Our setter is good. Swifty is good. Emmerson can be good, needs to be consistent, but that can be said of any player. Brooklyn has the biggest shoes to fill. Opposite is probably the position where the starting spot is most up for grabs. Nothing wrong with a young team.

There will supposedly be an AAC volleyball tournament next year. Again, more volleyball = good.

Im a volleyball fan. WSU volleyball used to be enjoyable.
          That tracks, although you seem disgruntled. I can see that the team's achievement is upsetting to you, and you need something the gloat about. Good luck with that, but it seems like a miserable way to live.
          Last edited by Critter's Pa; January 18, 2024, 05:14 PM. Reason: change preconference to non-conference

Comment

Originally posted by Critter's Pa View Post

I have typed this before, at least twice, and you don't seem to get it:

WSU did NOT turn down an NCAA bid.

WSU did not earn a spot in the NCAA tournament, there are several reasons for this, some out of the control of anyone at WSU. They did accept an invitation to play in the NIVC, played those games and won a championship.

Where do you get the idea that the NCAA tournament is not always a goal? Who said that? (Bring receipts) If no one said that, why to YOU keep asking it? If someone did say that, you'll have to take that up with them individually.
            The real question is why to you think that the team should sit at home if they have a chance to play more games? Wouldn't a fan want their team to play more games, both non-conference and post season?

Well, yes, a fan of a team would celebrate when their team wins a championship. I don't understand why a fan wouldn't. I really don't understand why a championship would draw a fan's ire, it would almost seem that person wasn't a fan of that team.

Why in two years? Who knows what the team will look like in two years.

Next year, I expect good things from this team. Why? Because all of our DSs are good. Our setter is good. Swifty is good. Emmerson can be good, needs to be consistent, but that can be said of any player. Brooklyn has the biggest shoes to fill. Opposite is probably the position where the starting spot is most up for grabs. Nothing wrong with a young team.

There will supposedly be an AAC volleyball tournament next year. Again, more volleyball = good.

That tracks, although you seem disgruntled. I can see that the team's achievement is upsetting to you, and you need something the gloat about. Good luck with that, but it seems like a miserable way to live.
            I’m going to try and start fresh here and let pretend for a moment this is my first post.
            Forgive my disgruntled slant of the past.

I can start with a couple readily agreed upon facts, a place of common ground.

The goal is to make the NCAA Tournament. Agreed.

It has been six seasons since the Shockers have played in an NCAA tournament game. This is the longest stretch of non NCAA volleyball since the current HC arrived. Fact.

Its has been six seasons since the Shockers won a conference title. This is the longest stretch of non conference Championship volleyball since the current HC arrived. Fact.

How long does this go on without some accountability?

WSU volleyball used to be one of the hottest sports tickets in town. WSU volleyball was a huge draw BEFORE NCAA volleyball blew up as a sport. Fact.

WSU volleyball attendance has been on the decline for several years while college volleyball attendance in general has exploded around the country. Fact.

Attendance for the NIVC tournament, a tournament WSU ended up as Champions, (fact) was embarrassing (opinion) when compared to the attendance UTEP volleyball produced as runners up in the same tournament. (fact)

Why is WSU volleyball losing fan interest?

Comment

Originally posted by Critter's Pa View Post
              The Shocker's website has been updated to show the current roster. Looks like we will be seeing most, if not all, the players get floor time this spring. I don't think any of the incoming freshmen are starting school this semester, so we won't see any of them in spring matches.

Spring roster, so far:
              4 ds//libero- Reagan, Katie, Annalie, and Gabi.
              4 middles- Haley, Maddie, Morgan, and Allie
              1 Setter- Izzi
              1 Right side- Brooklyn
              2 Left side- Emmerson and Alyssa

I wonder if Allie's injury will be healed enough for her to play. Maybe coach move a middle to play on the right or left for spring games.

Emmerson has the potential to be a good six rotation player, hopefully Alyssa has the talent to be one as well.
              6-1 freshman setter, Sarah Musial, has been added to the roster which would indicate she is enrolled for this spring semester and will play in the spring matches. If there was one of the incoming freshman you would want to be here for the spring it was probably Sarah.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 22, 2024, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Wichita State sports, outside of softball, is down everywhere in attendance figures. Fan bases here are not responding well to the changes in college athletics and mismanagement by the last regime, which cost the department multiple donors.

Comment

Working...
                X