UNI Picked 1st - Shocks 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI Picked 1st - Shocks 3rd

Valley coaches have unanimously picke Northern Iowa to repeat as MVC Champs.

MSU was picked 2nd, just a couple of votes ahead of the Shocks in 3rd with Creighton 4th.

I thought MSU might get the nod due to the graduation of 3-time MVC POY Bre Payton from UNI but that was not the case. Apparently, you go with the riegining Queen until she is dethroned and that's hard to argue with. UNI is ranked #21 in the preseason AVCA poll.

I thought it was interesting that the article pointed out that the Shocks would be without Mary Elizabeth Hooper this year, but made no mention that UNI would be without Bre Payton.

Shockers Emily Adney and Ashley Andrade picked to the Preseason All-Conference team.

The Shocks are where I thought they would be picked. In fact, they received a little more respect than I was anticipating.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 16, 2012, 12:53 PM.

Again, here are my must see matches this year for Shocker fans:

Thu. Aug 30 - Colorado State
    Fri. Aug 31 - BYU
    Sun. Sep 2 - Tennessee
    Fri. Oct 26 - Northern Iowa
    Fri. Nov 9 - Missouri State
    Fri. Nov 16 - Creighton
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 16, 2012, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Shocks should have as much firepower at the pins and at the net as anyone in the Valley. The question is can we get them the ball where they need it and will we defend well.

In order to overtake UNI and MSU I think it will come down to how well Chelsey plays at setter, how well our littles play and how we do in the serve and passing aspect of the game. I just have a feeling that Chelsey will do quite well but only time will tell for sure. Perhaps how our littles will plays is our biggest question mark heading into the season.

About 8 days and 3 hours until we have live action! Yi, yi, yi, yi, yiiiiii!

Comment

Working...
      X