Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volleyball Hosts Tulsa (Oct 20 and Oct 21)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not worrying about SMU because they are a tourney team. But they got a nice bump from beating Rice 2X so I suppose there's hope we could get a similar 5-10 point bump were we to sweep the Owls (and that is VERY speculative).

Comment

Per figstats and faktorsports, the RPIs/KPIs following the Sunday matches are-

22/24 SMU
      48/39 Shockers
      56/57 Rice

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
        Per figstats and faktorsports, the RPIs/KPIs following the Sunday matches are-

22/24 SMU
        48/39 Shockers
        56/57 Rice
        I suspect the RPI cut line is going to be around 39-46ish and I don't see many teams would be "in trouble" around those numbers. Ohio State is for sure but they are currently 50. Depending on who they have remaining, UCLA and or Indiana might find staying top 50 difficult.

1 at a time, just keep winning.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            The Pretty Prairie stats have been posted. I miscounted his touchdowns. He scored 7 touchdowns not 8 as I thought. He did have 2 long TD runs called back due to penalties so it was kind of hard to keep track. He did have 405 yards rushing on 27 carries. He also scored on 4 two-point conversions putting his scoring total at 50 points for the game. So I can happily report it was not a dream. The 405 yards rushing was a new single game school record, the 7 TD's was one short of the school record.
            One last brag on my grandson who played his last game of 8-man high school football at Pretty Prairie last Thursday at Udall which his team won despite being down 2 starters, Which on an 8-man team with little to no depth is pretty significant.

Here is the write up of the game on max preps:

Even though The Udall Eagles scored an imposing 52 points on Thursday, the Pretty Prairie Bulldogs still came out on top. Pretty Prairie breezed by Udall on the road to the tune of 86-52. The victory made it back-to-back wins for Pretty Prairie.

Gage Bowers continued his habit of posting crazy stat lines, rushing for 360 yards and nine touchdowns while picking up 11.3 yards per carry, and also throwing for 35 yards and a touchdown. (He also ran for 6 two-point conversions and threw for 1 two-point conversion as he scored 66 points). Bowers is on a roll when it comes to rushing yards, as he's now rushed for 100 or more in the last five games he's played.

I have to say the Udall quarterback, who was a big kid, had a very good game as well (Udall has not submitted stats) and this game turned into a shoot-out between to strong running quarterbacks.

Comment

One last brag on my grandson who played his last game of 8-man high school football at Pretty Prairie last Thursday at Udall which his team won despite being down 2 starters, Which on an 8-man team with little to no depth is pretty significant.

Here is the write up of the game on max preps:

Even though The Udall Eagles scored an imposing 52 points on Thursday, the Pretty Prairie Bulldogs still came out on top. Pretty Prairie breezed by Udall on the road to the tune of 86-52. The victory made it back-to-back wins for Pretty Prairie.

Gage Bowers continued his habit of posting crazy stat lines, rushing for 360 yards and nine touchdowns while picking up 11.3 yards per carry, and also throwing for 35 yards and a touchdown. (He also ran for 6 two-point conversions and threw for 1 two-point conversion as he scored 66 points). Bowers is on a roll when it comes to rushing yards, as he's now rushed for 100 or more in the last five games he's played.

I have to say the Udall quarterback, who was a big kid, had a very good game as well (Udall has not submitted stats) and this game turned into a shoot-out between to strong running quarterbacks.
              8 man and 6 man games can get wild with scoring. Sounds like that was a fun game to watch!
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Couple of nice games -wins- to close out the year.

Any ambition to play in college?

Comment

Originally posted by Critter's Pa View Post

Couple of nice games -wins- to close out the year.who

Any ambition to play in college?
                  Not sure. He has taken a ton of physcial abuse playing both ways in 8-man football the last 4 years. As a student I think he is more of a WSU Tech/Trade school type of guy who loves fishing and hunting. He is only 5-9 although he is a rock solid 200 lbs and pretty darn strong. He had a pretty severe concusssion last year and I am just glad he made it through this year without a repeat of that. It's possible the right situation might present itself but I am thinking that college football is probably not in the cards. And that is fine with me.

He is looking forward to one final high school basketball season and I have told him I think he should give throwing the javelin a try this spring. I think he is thinking about that. I think he has all the tools to be a very good javelin thrower.

In any case, I am perfectly fine if these are his Glory Days as far as athletics go.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 2, 2023, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X