2012 Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Roster

The 2012 Roster is now posted in GoShockers.com. Looks to be quite a few new faces this year.

Comment

We got tall on the outsides...

Comment

Thanks!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

fM, there is a great avatar for you to use courtesy of @WstateU.

I guess it must say something about how well-repsected Lambo is a a teacher of the game when he puts together such large rosters with so many walk-ons. 19 ladies on the roster, 12 on volleyball scholarship. Of course many, if not all, of these young ladies are excellent students so some may very well be on academic scholarships to some degree.

We will no doubt have a number of redshirts this year as Lambo loves to train his young players. Ashlyn Driskill will probably not redshirt based on what I saw and heard in the Spring.

I expect us to be right there again battling for another MVC Championship and another berth in the NCAA Tournament.

Go Shocks!

Comment

I was looking over the 2012 roster and noticed a player I don't recall hearing about. That would be Jaclyn Roddy, a 6'3" OH out of College Station, TX.

Here is a vidoe of Jaclyn in action. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYQGTWYpvXU

She was a teammate of Katie Reilly on the Houston Juniors club team. http://houstonjuniors.com/content/re...ng-information

May need a little work in the weight/training room to improve her athleticism and quickness. However you can't teach 6'3". Looks like the kind potential that Lambo likes to mold and develop. Whether she ends up on the outside or in the middle remains to be seen (she reminds me a little bit of Ashley Andrade).

Some additional video of Jaclyn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rApeg...feature=relmfu

Looks like Jacklyn singed her LOI in early February:

BTW, welcome to Shocker Nation Jaclyn. Hope you "kill" it (a lot) as a Shocker.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 5, 2012, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Hard to believe this is Emily Adney's senior season coming up. Seems like only yesterday she was thrown into action as a true freshman. Hopefully, Emily will go out with a flourish and flair.

Comment

Lambo in a tie? Don't see that often.

Comment

Lambo's in that pic?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    I was looking over the 2012 roster and noticed a player I don't recall hearing about. That would be Jaclyn Roddy, a 6'3" OH out of College Station, TX.

Here is a vidoe of Jaclyn in action. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYQGTWYpvXU

She was a teammate of Katie Reilly on the Houston Juniors club team. http://houstonjuniors.com/content/re...ng-information

May need a little work in the weight/training room to improve her athleticism and quickness. However you can't teach 6'3". Looks like the kind potential that Lambo likes to mold and develop. Whether she ends up on the outside or in the middle remains to be seen (she reminds me a little bit of Ashley Andrade).

Some additional video of Jaclyn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rApeg...feature=relmfu

Looks like Jacklyn singed her LOI in early February:

BTW, welcome to Shocker Nation Jaclyn. Hope you "kill" it (a lot) as a Shocker.

I think you nailed this assessment '72. I expect Jaclyn to redshirt and be ready to follow in the footsteps of Miss Andrade as the next power middle at WSU.

Speaking of Ashley, look for her to blow up opponents all year with her cannon of an arm. She's murdering the ball this year, even more so than last and I suspect she'll serve up a large number of six-packs before the season ends.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Lambo's in that pic?
                      Isn't that him on the far right, or is the tie throwing me off.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Isn't that him on the far right, or is the tie throwing me off.

I don't know....I'm not seeing any guys in the pic....could be just me though.

Comment

I think you nailed this assessment '72. I expect Jaclyn to redshirt and be ready to follow in the footsteps of Miss Andrade as the next power middle at WSU.

Speaking of Ashley, look for her to blow up opponents all year with her cannon of an arm. She's murdering the ball this year, even more so than last and I suspect she'll serve up a large number of six-packs before the season ends.
                          One thing that did strike me at the VB101 dinner was when Ashley and Jaclyn were standing opposite of each other at the blocking station. Ashley is not a tiny girl, but she seemed to be a somewhat smaller female human being than Jaclyn.

Comment

I don't know....I'm not seeing any guys in the pic....could be just me though.
                            Geez, Doc now you're making me show by advanced age, but I do see how you could overlook the guy on the end who looks like he can't wait to rip that tie off.

:biggrin-new:

Comment

Depth chart guys?

Setter seems to be the only spot totally set in stone. Feekin will start and the inimitable one, Jordan Loney, will back her up.

Libero will be Church, although I could see Hinkle move to that spot with Church taking on a DS spot. I'm probably wrong here as, if I heard correctly Saturday night, Lambo thinks Church is as good as we've had since Karen A. Considering Kelly Broussard was AA, that's high praise.

Comment

Working...
                              X