18/19 Shocker SB at Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18/19 Shocker SB at Kansas

The Shockers close out their regular season schedule with a game at KU at 5 pm on Wednesday. This weekend will be the bye weekend for play in the AAC.

The Jayhawks are 22-24 and 4-11 in the Big XII. Hitters for the KU are Olivia Brown (OPS of .963 with a team-leading nine home runs) and Lyric Moore (,921). No other player has an OPS above .800. Almost half of the starts belong to Kasey Hamilton (ERA of 3.88 and WHIP of 1.55). Most of the other starts belong to Katie Brooks (4.55 and 1.74) and Addison Purvis (2.87 and 1.62). With only six complete games for the staff on the season, it may be that "twice though the order" is a mantra.

The Shockers still have the five hitters with an OPS greater than 1.000 led by Sydney (1.323) and Addison (1.261). Addison has fourteen homers, and Zoe has thirteen. Alex, Lo, and Alison is the order for both ERA and WHIP.

In the meeting earlier this season, a 9-3 Shocker win, Alison was the winner with six innings of four-hit relief.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; May 2, 2023, 11:57 AM.

The regular lineup with Lo in the circle are the starters for the Shockers. Lizzy Ludwig (2.39 ad 1.42) starts for KU.

Will this be a bullpen game for the Shocks with over a week before their next game? And that is my contribution, such as it is, for the evening.

Comment

Grrrr
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

There goes any hopes of hosting
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Welp. Not very good offense tonight.

Comment

Very uninspired but we’ve been flirting with one of these losses for several weeks.

Comment

Bad time of the year for the offense to be slumping.

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                There goes any hopes of hosting
                No doubt. But still has been a terrific season. Perhaps have the team have their bye week at the end of the season is not all that bad of a thing. Could be young players like Sami and Taylor maybe felling the grind a bit and as far as I know Lainee has caught every inning of every game this year so she might welcome a bit of a rest. But the question of rest vs rust is difficult to answer with any certainty. It will give the coaches more to to work with the team and perhaps fine tune somethings and work on some things. Focus on the Shockers without having to worry about an opponent for a little bit.

Comment

Not having the Plus, I wonder if there are certain pitching styles (lots of soft stuff, for example) that are giving the Shocks fits.

Comment

I’m not a big believer in rest for 20 year olds. In MLB, rest can prolong careers, and help older players, who need rest during 5 game weeks in 100+ degree weather (catchers especially). However, right now weather isn’t hot, and they don’t even play college double headers. Maybe there is a small “grind” but “tough” 20 year old players don’t feel it imo. They just love playing softball and baseball games.

Slumps do happen at all levels and sports though.

Comment

I predict we will make the necessary adjustments before Regionals.

KU’s pitcher really did a good job of keeping the ball down even when she missed

Comment

Working...
                      X