• Show
Clear All

Attendance: 882 - 800 - 820

Comment

Other AAC Series

USF 0-3 UCF

Tulsa 2-1 Houston

Memphis - bye
      Last edited by flyingMoose; April 23, 2023, 04:33 PM.

Comment

“McKinney knew about Bredbenner and Wichita State even without recruiting contact and visited in November of 2018. She considered around 30 schools before her visit. She signed with Wichita State and called a bunch of disappointed coaches.”

“"This was the first one," Jason McKinney said. "We went in the locker room and she said 'This is more who I am. This is where I want to be.'"“

https://goshockers.com/news/2023/4/2...-got-here.aspx
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
          What's with the sub of Alex for Alison? One walk and you are done?
          Seemed pretty quick althouth after giving up the home run Alison was not as sharp and was pitching hehind in the count mostly. It was almost like HCKB had predertemined in her mind that if Alison faltered at all she was going to make a change. HCKB did not hesitate in the least bit to come out of the dugout and make the change with the home plate umpire. OTOH, it only took Alex 2 pitches to get the 3 outs and back in the dugout so maybe HCKB new what she was doing.

Alex was pretty shaky in the 6th but manated to escape without any damage. But it was not easy and the Shocks were quite fortunate to get that outcome.

All-in-all I would say Alex was no sharper than Alison was. Not sure why such a short leash for Alison.

In any case, the Shockers got the need sweep. Hard to evaluate our pitching in this series as ECU is just not a very good hitting team.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 23, 2023, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
            What's with the sub of Alex for Alison? One walk and you are done?
            After the HR she was pretty erratic. I think it was more not wanting to let things get out of hand if they didn't need to.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
            X