23/23 Shocker SB v East Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 23/23 Shocker SB v East Carolina

The Shockers continue conference play with a series against East Carolina this weekend. Games are Friday at 6 pm, Saturday at 3 pm, and Sunday at noon.

This is also Senior Weekend for Lolo, Zoe, and Sydney - one per game in that order.

All of the individual stats below are from conference-only play.

ECU have a record of 26-20 and 3-9. They were swept by USF and UCF, won one from Houston, and won two from Memphis.

Mackenzie Kila has an OPS of .905 with several more Pirates in the .700s.

Jordan Hatch (4.59 and 1.53) and Addy Bullis (5.64 and 1.67) have shared the conference starts and have almost all of the innings.

The Shockers are now 37-8 and 10-2. Addison (1.485) and Sydney (1.307) lead the hitting.

Alex (34.0 IP, 1.65, 1.18) has the most conference innings followed by Lo (27.0, 2.07, 1.22) and Alison (20.0, 4.90, 1.60).
    Last edited by flyingMoose; April 20, 2023, 01:07 PM.

I'm hoping to be able to get my brother and niece out to Sunday's game.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Travel issues for East Carolina have caused changes to the Friday/Saturday schedule. No game on Friday, but there is a DH on Saturday. The first game Saturday is scheduled for noon with a one-hour break before the second game.

Comment

Going into the ECU weekend, the Shockers have an RPI of 21.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
          Travel issues for East Carolina have caused changes to the Friday/Saturday schedule. No game on Friday, but there is a DH on Saturday. The first game Saturday is scheduled for noon with a one-hour break before the second game.
          That's baseball not softball. I don't see any mention of postponed softball on goshockers.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn View Post

That's baseball not softball. I don't see any mention of postponed softball on goshockers.
            Agreed. Softball Twitter also makes no mention of it, with their last post being about the game tonight with all of the links and such. Pretty sure twitter would at least have said something if the softball game was impacted as well.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

In defense of flyingMoose take a look at this announcement posted to Shockernet:

Series Opener Versus East Carolina Postponed

4/21/2023 11:18:00 AM

WICHITA, Kan. -- Friday night's series-opening game against East Carolina has been postponed due to travel issues for the Pirates. The two teams will play a doubleheader on Saturday beginning at 12:00 pm, with a one-hour break between games one and two.

Friday's scheduled Youth League Night deal (free admission for youth in their team's jersey and $5 tickets for guests) will be honored at both games of Saturday's doubleheader. The scheduled fireworks show will still take place Friday night after the conclusion of the softball game.

The only place you see baseball mentioned is in upper left of the screen under the Shocker logo. So I blame poor communication work by the WSU folks than I do @flyingMoose.

Comment

Hopefully Camryn's injury isn't that bad. Never good when it's non contact like that.

Comment

What happened to Cam? I've been busy spending money and missed the entire game
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    What happened to Cam? I've been busy spending money and missed the entire game
                    Struck out and during the swing appeared to hurt her shoulder. Immediately grabbed in pain and looked like she didn't want to move her left arm much. Was subbed out the next inning

Comment

Damn. She's been playing well too.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        In defense of flyingMoose take a look at this announcement posted to Shockernet:

https://goshockers.com/news/2023/4/2...postponed.aspx

Series Opener Versus East Carolina Postponed

4/21/2023 11:18:00 AM

WICHITA, Kan. -- Friday night's series-opening game against East Carolina has been postponed due to travel issues for the Pirates. The two teams will play a doubleheader on Saturday beginning at 12:00 pm, with a one-hour break between games one and two.

Friday's scheduled Youth League Night deal (free admission for youth in their team's jersey and $5 tickets for guests) will be honored at both games of Saturday's doubleheader. The scheduled fireworks show will still take place Friday night after the conclusion of the softball game.

The only place you see baseball mentioned is in upper left of the screen under the Shocker logo. So I blame poor communication work by the WSU folks than I do @flyingMoose.
                        Oops!!!

I found "Youth League Night" and fireworks a bit unexpected, but I thought ,"Who knows what kind of promotions are going on with softball on the front burner?" I don't really follow baseball at all, so that possibility just never occurred to me. East Carolina, so it had to be softball - or not.

Comment

Watching a replay of the Friday ECU game.

Thought ECU's starter was pretty decent but had a little good fortune. But generally the Shocks looked like thy may have had a bit of a "best road win school history" hangover.

Thought Syd looked human for a change.

Addie missed a two home-run game by about an inch.

The delayed double steal of home by Lulu and Addie was on of the more unusual plays you will see at this level. It's like the ECU shortstop almost assumed Addie had already taken off an scored.

Camryn's injury was about the most innocuous thing you'll ever see. Nor sure if it was her left shoulder or left elbow but she certainly was hurting. I gues it could even have been a muscle pull or tear on the left side of her rib cage.

As LuLu came up to bat afte Addie's 5th inning home run a fun yelled back-to-back and Lulu obliged.

Freshman Taylor Sedlacek has a nice looking swing.

LaurenH was solid in the circle. Ran into a git of trouble in the 4th and 5th but exscaped bases loaded jams in both innings while only give up 1 run. Alison was pretty sharp in her 1 inning of relief.

It all adds up to another Shocker win.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 22, 2023, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            It's like the ECU shortstop almost assumed Addie had already taken off an scored.
                            Looking at the Twitter of this, I thought the SS wanted to dispute the call with the umpire. Addie's steal of home was definitely a delayed steal.

Comment

Game Two

Lineup: Syd, Addie, Lauren, Zoe!!, Lolo, Sami, Taylor, Lainee, and Krystin with Alex in the circle. Addy Bullls is in the circle for the Pirates.

There consecutive outs in the first for ECU with a strikeout concluding their at-bat. Addison receives a one-out walk but is doubled off first when (it appears) the CF tracks down a drive by Lauren (with Addie on the run?). Somebody on ESPN+ or perhaps Twitter will clarify. No score after one.

Three more outs for the Pirates with another K by Alex. Zoe starts the bottom half with a walk and moves to third on a single by Lolo. A sac fly by Sami scores Zoe with the first Shocker run. 1-0 after two.

ECU gets a one-out single in the third, their first hit, but Alex ends the inning with her third strikeout. With two outs, Addison walks and Lauren has a bunt single, but Zoe is called out on strikes. Shocks still lead 1-0 after three.

Another three up, three down in the Pirate fourth. Lolo opens the Shocker half with her second single. Sami moves the pinch runner to second, and Taylor follows with a walk. Laine doubles to score Siera with Taylor stopping at third. Bailey pinch-hits and walks to load the base for Sydney. Pop out, fly out and the chance for a big crooked number is gone. Shockers 2-0 after four.
                              Last edited by flyingMoose; April 22, 2023, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X