23/RV Shockers v USF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    What's your opinion on hosting if WSU were to finish 18-2 (sweep conference and tournament, beat KU and OSU once) 47-9. Good enough to host? I don't think so.

What about 20-0 beating OSU twice and OU? Pretty sure OU and OSU are going to host. Is there the slightest chance 3 teams from this tiny area of the country would host?

Are we even eligible to host with our facilities? Or are these ladies just destined to be the 2 seed in Stillwater or Norman and that's the way it goes?
    Yeah that was the purpose of them adding the new lights and the new visiting team dugout so they could host the conference tournament and then Regionals. If we could just catch a break and get an easier road to WCWS for once I think we could blow up

Comment

Other Series

UCF 3-0 East Carolina

Memphis 1-2 Tulsa

Houston - bye

Comment

Attendance: 650 - 775 - 796

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
          Other Series

UCF 3-0 East Carolina

Memphis 1-2 Tulsa

Houston - bye
          Dang. ECU had a really good non-con but has now been swept by UCF and USF. Must've been a shell schedule

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post

Dang. ECU had a really good non-con but has now been swept by UCF and USF. Must've been a shell schedule
            Those are two of the top three teams in the conference.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Those are two of the top three teams in the conference.
              I know but still, at a glance a 22-9 team wouldn't be expected to start 0-6 in conference regardless. You'd think they'd be able to steal a win or two in there. I know UCF/USF had a much harder non-con but I think it still stands that I think it's fair to expect ECU to not get swept twice.

Comment

Current AAC RPI

21 - Shockers

35 - UCF

57 - USF

102 - Houston

114 - Tulsa

126 - East Carolina

251 - Memphis

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post

I know but still, at a glance a 22-9 team wouldn't be expected to start 0-6 in conference regardless. You'd think they'd be able to steal a win or two in there. I know UCF/USF had a much harder non-con but I think it still stands that I think it's fair to expect ECU to not get swept twice.
                  I don't find it too surprising for a team picked to finish next to last was swept by 2 of the top 3 teams in the league.

2023 American Athletic Conference Preseason Softball Coaches' Poll
                  Team (First-Place Votes) Pts.
                  1. UCF (4) 34
                  2. Wichita State (3) 33
                  3. South Florida 24
                  4. Houston 23
                  5. Tulsa 14
                  6. East Carolina 12
                  7. Memphis 7
                  But to answer you're question more directly, I have always felt (since WSU joined the AAC) that ECU generally does schedule pretty soft especially in its women's sports. I actually thought this year's USF softball schedule was a bit of a step up for them with games against #11 Virginia Tech (2), Maryland (2), Ohio State (2), Notre Dame, and North Carolina where they went 1-7 with there only win over UNC 8-4. The rest of their non-con does look more traditionally ECU soft the 21-2 record in those games tends to bear that out. So yeah, you could probably say their 22-9 non-con record was largely built on a soft schedule.

. .

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I don't find it too surprising for a team picked to finish next to last was swept by 2 of the top 3 teams in the league.

2023 American Athletic Conference Preseason Softball Coaches' Poll
                    Team (First-Place Votes) Pts.
                    1. UCF (4) 34
                    2. Wichita State (3) 33
                    3. South Florida 24
                    4. Houston 23
                    5. Tulsa 14
                    6. East Carolina 12
                    7. Memphis 7
                    But to answer you're question more directly, I have always felt (since WSU joined the AAC) that ECU generally does schedule pretty soft especially in its women's sports. I actually thought this year's USF softball schedule was a bit of a step up for them with games against #11 Virginia Tech (2), Maryland (2), Ohio State (2), Notre Dame, and North Carolina where they went 1-7 with there only win over UNC 8-4. The rest of their non-con does look more traditionally ECU soft the 21-2 record in those games tends to bear that out. So yeah, you could probably say their 22-9 non-con record was largely built on a soft schedule.

. .
                    Not sure if this thread is dead now or not but yeah I guess I'm not arguing that USF and UCF aren't good but more of just the bottom of our league is horrible. I know ECU got a new coach last year and made a big step last year and I *thought* maybe they'd make a step to get to the top half of the league, which they still might, but yeah. I also don't put much stock into the coaches polls. It's all speculation and more often than not is wrong. I know it's easier to flip a roster but kstate was picked last in the pre-season coaches poll. Idk, not really worth an argument more of just an observation of "man our bottom half really isn't any good". Also raises optimism for us to get to 40 wins.

Comment

Working...
                    X