No announcement yet.

23/RV Shockers v USF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payton Dixon and Antoinette Hill did not make the trip according to the ESPN+ announcer. Apparently due to injury.

Comment

Lulu apparently like hitting in full counts. 3 run double yesterday, 2 run single today.

Comment

With the Shocks leading 4-0 In the top of the 4th a 1 one out double off of Addison's glove in left (looked like she turned the wrong way and the wind no doubt came into play) gave USF a runner in scoring position. The next batter lined what appeared to be a single but a charging Taylor fielded it on one hop and threw to 1st for the out with the runner moving to 3rd. Addison then made a shoestring catch in left to end the threat.

Lulu is up with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 4th. Please set the count to 3-2. Lulu decided not to waste so much time this time and slashed a 1-1 pitch on the outer half of the plate, about knee high over the shortstop that rolled to the wall for a bases clearing triple extending the Shocks lead to 7-0. Lulu was then tagged out at home by the catcher trying to score on a wild pitch. A Zoe walk and a Lolo taking one of her left big toe put runners on 1st and 2nd. Sami laced a hard liner to left for single as the runners could only move up one base. Taylor then walked to force in a run. Lanie grounds to 3rd who chose to throw to 1st for the out with another run scoring. Burbs pinch hitting for Kristyn walked to reload the bases. Syd, after falling behind in the count before working a full count, unloaded the bases with a grand slam to right center. Addison then followed with a towering, no doubter over the pavilion in left field. Shocks lead 14-0.

Alex set USF down in order in the top of the 5th to finish 4-hit run-rule shutout.

USF 0-4-0
        Shocks 14-11-0
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 1, 2023, 04:24 PM.

Comment

I don't think we are seeing the best version of this USF team. According to the ESPN announcer they are missing a couple of key position players and a couple of pitchers including their ace, Payton Dixon.

My guess is we will see Gabriella Nori again tomorrow. She has looked the best among the USF arms so far by quite a bit. But if USF has to go to the bullpen they will be in trouble.

Poor Lexie Kopko. She has pitched 3.1 innings in the first 2 games of the series giving up 13 earned runs with 5 walks and 2 strikeouts and she has given up 5 home runs. That's an ERA of 29.4 and a WHIP of 4.84.

I am guessing we will see Lauren back in the circle tomorrow although HCKB seems to keep her on a pretty short leash. But Alison and Alex have both looked sharper than Lauren so who knows. I think Alex has looked the best in this series. I think all three will be available and none of the will get lot leeway if they aren't pitching well.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Payton Dixon and Antoinette Hill did not make the trip according to the ESPN+ announcer. Apparently due to injury.
            According to the parents in the stands, Dixon has a stress fracture and some other pitcher was out for a month and has not been back very long.

Comment

Syd is now 18th all time in NCAA history in hits.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

According to the ESPN+ PBP guy, pitchers Payton Dixon, Jaden Martinez, Antoinette Hill did not make the trip. All 3 were mentioned in your series opening post. BTW, Dixon and Matinez are lefties, which along with Kopko and Nori give the Bulls for lefthanders with HIll, Grubb and Ponn being righthanders.

The 2 position players mentioned were starters on last year's team but have not played this year due to injury. Jr. Alanah Rivera started every game last year (at shortstop I think) although she did not hit a ton. Jr. Josie Foreman, a catcher, started 50 of the 53 games she played in last year and lead the Bulls in home runs and OPS.

Clearly though, the 3 pitchers are the big missing component for the Bulls.

That said the Bulls can still win tomorrow if Nori is able to shut the Shocks offense down or at least under control. I don't see Kopko, Ponn or Grubb being able to do that other for maybe an inning here or there.

Comment

What's your opinion on hosting if WSU were to finish 18-2 (sweep conference and tournament, beat KU and OSU once) 47-9. Good enough to host? I don't think so.

What about 20-0 beating OSU twice and OU? Pretty sure OU and OSU are going to host. Is there the slightest chance 3 teams from this tiny area of the country would host?

Are we even eligible to host with our facilities? Or are these ladies just destined to be the 2 seed in Stillwater or Norman and that's the way it goes?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    What's your opinion on hosting if WSU were to finish 18-2 (sweep conference and tournament, beat KU and OSU once) 47-9. Good enough to host? I don't think so.

What about 20-0 beating OSU twice and OU? Pretty sure OU and OSU are going to host. Is there the slightest chance 3 teams from this tiny area of the country would host?

Are we even eligible to host with our facilities? Or are these ladies just destined to be the 2 seed in Stillwater or Norman and that's the way it goes?
                    47-9 and we’re probably in the top 16 of all the major polls and the RPI (22 right now). I would say yes that’s good enough to host, but it would certainly be close.

If we can stay in the top 25 then hopefully we’re headed to Fayetteville. They’re still within the 400 mile radius. However, after that 10-2 pasting I doubt they would take us lightly again.

Comment

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Some nice D

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Lainee goes yard for a 2-0 lead

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Addie the Baddie now has 10 HRs and the Shox are up 3-0

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Bulls got one back with a no doubter to RF.

3-1
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I had a feeling USF was going to make the Shocks work for the sweep. But the Shocks had just enough to get by the Bulls today 3-2 to complete the sweep. Both pitchers, Lauren Howell for the Shocks and Gabriella Nori for the Bulls, were very good today especially with the wind blowing out. That wind was able to push Addie's fly ball in the 3rd over (or of the end) of the left fielder's glove for what proved to be the game winning home run. Addie's homers in the 1st 2 games were no doubters. This one got out of the park by a gnat's eyelash.

Really good start to the AAC season for the Shocks as they now have the series against the other 2 teams that were expected to compete with the Shocks for the AAC Championship behind them while securing the head-to-head tiebreakers with those teams should that prove to be needed (let's hope that proves to be a moot point).

Comment

Working...
                                X