X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    Game Three

Northwestern State 2-5 Shockers

Alison started and went three innings, giving up two runs on five hits and a walk. The Shocks scored two in the bottom of the third to take a 3-2 lead, but Alex came on to start the fourth. She shutout the Lady Demons the rest of the way on just one hit and one walk, striking out seven. The win for Alex runs her record to 3-1.

Zoe had a solo homer, her team-leading fifth, and Lainee had a two-run shot. Sydney and Addison both had two hits including an RBI-double by Addison.
    Would be really nice if Lainee could get it going a little more consistently.

Comment

Lauren hits the UNT lead-off hitter with her first pitch of the game. A single to center and error by LaurenL puts runners at second and third with nobody out. Two pop ups and a ground ball, and LaurenH is out of the inning. Very nice. 3-0 after one complete.

The retired streak of UNT ends at eight as LaurenH hits a batter with one out. Steal, strike out, wild pitch, walk and runners are at the corners with two outs. Ground out and we move to the seventh. 5-1 Shockers.
      Lauren seems like a pitcher that occasionally creates her own jams but then has the ability to extricate herself as well.

Comment

I hope Addison is okay. I can't imagine her being subbed out for any other reason.

Comment

Other Sunday Game

Northwestern State 1-10(6) North Texas

Comment

Game Four

Shockers 5-3 North Texas

... Alex squeaked out another Save.
            Alex does not get a Save in this one, entering the game with a lead of more than three runs. Probably that is the reason.

Perversely, the NCAA Softball Rules do not even define a Save - at least, in the 2020-2021 edition. I am not buying a 2022-2023 edition to check on this further. The above makes sense. Alex created a Save situation with the batters she is responsible for, so there is no reason she should earn a Save.

Comment

Go Shockers - Shockers Win Seventh Straight Behind 4-0 Weekend

DENTON, Texas – Wichita State wrapped up the North Texas Invitational on Sunday with two more wins, defeating Northwestern State, 5-2, and North Texas, 5-3.

Wichita State (12-3) was a perfect 4-0 in Denton, including a pair of wins over a North Texas team that started the season ranked in the Top 25.

Sydney McKinney extended her hitting streak to 33 games, the sixth longest in NCAA history.
              Game recaps in link.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Currently the 6th longest consecutive game hit streak in the history of D1 softball. If she can keep it going this weekend against inferior competition (2 games each vs Bradley and Western Carolina) then at 37 consecutive games, she would occupy the #3 spot all time. Number 2 is 42 games and number 1 is 43.

Comment

I hadn't seen the numbers. One would think that she has a chance. Let's be honest, any game where Syd doesn't get a hit seems wrong. And with her speed, she can turn about any ball in play into a hit.

I'd love to see her get that top spot. It's a funny game and sometimes well hit balls just end up in the wrong spots so it's always possible to go hitless, but I wouldn't bet against her.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    And with her speed, she can turn about any ball in play into a hit.
                    At this point of the season, Syd has six bunt singles and eight infield singles among her 34 hits.

Comment

Working...
                    X