Volleyball recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volleyball recruits

We have a class of '24 commitment. 6'1 OH from Missouri.

Plenty of video on her Hudl page: https://www.hudl.com/profile/14552077/Nadia-Wasilewski

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    We have a class of '24 commitment. 6'1 OH from Missouri.

Plenty of video on her Hudl page: https://www.hudl.com/profile/14552077/Nadia-Wasilewski
    Hope she plays better for the Shockers than she spells the schockers.

Comment

Originally posted by jimshocker View Post

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by jimshocker View Post

bitter.jpg

Comment

Comment

I looked at the Volleyball roster for 2023, and we only had three Freshman recruits coming in. I thought we had at least another local girl from Maize South.

https://goshockers.com/sports/womens...ll/roster/2023

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
              I looked at the Volleyball roster for 2023, and we only had three Freshman recruits coming in. I thought we had at least another local girl from Maize South.

https://goshockers.com/sports/womens...ll/roster/2023
              Those 3 (Haley Wolfe from Elkhorn NE, Reagan Anderson from St. Thomas Aquinas in Overland Park & Allie Paulson from Andover Central) were the only three incoming freshmen signed. We do have a few '24 commits, including at least one from Maize.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Those 3 (Haley Wolfe from Elkhorn NE, Reagan Anderson from St. Thomas Aquinas in Overland Park & Allie Paulson from Andover Central) were the only three incoming freshmen signed. We do have a few '24 commits, including at least one from Maize.
                Were those players approved by Jim?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Jim, Jim, Jim, what we gonna do about Jim. Ooh, ooh
                  Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh (with credit to Rupert Holmes)…

Comment

Some Gracie Morrow highlights:

Graces: HUDL page with highlight videos: https://www.hudl.com/profile/14934393/Gracie-Morrow
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 12, 2023, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Article from what appears to be Nadia Wasilewski's hometown newspaper on her signing with Wichita State:

After three-straight years of leading the Jackson volleyball team to 30-win seasons as well as the Class 5 State Quarterfinals, 6-foot-1 junior hitter Nadia Wasilewski now knows where she will play college volleyball — Wichita State of the American Athletic Conference. There was no question where if Wasilewski, who is a three-time SEMO All-Conference and […]

Here is Nadia's HUDL page with highlight videos: https://www.hudl.com/profile/14552077/nadia-wasilewski

Comment

I was perusing Nadia's HUDL highlights and one play in particular caught my eye. This video is only 26 seconds and includes a kill, a block and a dig. Interestingly, enough the play that caught my eye was dig. Notice in particular where she came from to make the that play. Not sure if she is trained to play like that or if that was just instinct.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I'm surprised you asked.

I am going to keep this as a general overview due to the fact these are teenage girls living out their dreams of playing D1 college volleyball. Where they end up is their choice. The options they have are based on their level of play.

WSU has 6 recruits currently on the roster or radar in the 2023 and 2024 graduation class.

Of those 6, 3 are from the Wichita area and have played volleyball for Shockwave Volleyball Academy.

2023 Allie Paulson.
                          2024 Grace Morrow and Grace Hett. These two have played directly for Chris or Shannon Lamb since middle school, on their daughters club volleyball team.

Do we know if these 3 are on scholarship or walk ons? I would be shocked, if combined they had as many D1 offers 2023 recruit Reagan Anderson.

2023 Reagan Anderson is a legitimate D1 player. She will be pushing for court time sooner rather than later.

2023 Haley Wolfe looks like a solid player. More of a sophomore or junior contribution.

2024 Nadia Wasilewski. WSU wins out over Old Dominion and Southeast Missouri State. OK. I would hope so.

This does not have the looks of an overwhelming group of recruits over the next 2 seasons.

On the flip side.

WSU seems to have gained in the transfer portal.

For better or worse, this might be Lambo's path back to winning in the new AAC. If he and the coaching staff can add 1-2 solid recruits each year and supplement with 1-2 veteran transfers; WSU might get into the top group in the conference.

Rice and SMU will be annual tough outs. Nothing the Mad Scientist errr Master Chef can't figure out!~

To say the group of six recruits in the 2023/24 class is anything close to what recruits were coming in the 2017/18 classes(PEAK LAMBO NCOY) is a bit of a stretch.

To say the group of recruits and transfers coming over the next two years is equipped to compete for the new AAC title, that's probably accurate.

Go Shocks.

Comment

Anyone have any news about what happened to Addy Badley and Lara Uyar? They are no longer on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Critter's Pa View Post
                              Anyone have any news about what happened to Addy Badley and Lara Uyar? They are no longer on the roster.
                              Both were at pretty crowded positions and both probably dropped in the depth chart with the transfers Lambo brought in this year. So not doubt looking for a chance to play elsewhere.

Lara is at ECU:
                              https://ecupirates.com/sports/womens...ara-uyar/12707

Not sure about Addy's whereabouts.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 19, 2023, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X