No announcement yet.

2022 NCAA Volleyball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of the Top 16 seeds advanced except Creighton who lost to Auburn who lost to Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

What happened to Creighton’s setter?
      According the Coach Booth, she took a ball to her head during the conference championship match verses Marquette. She didn't complain of any concussion symptoms and continued to play through that game. Her not playing against Auburn was a game time decision. I, perhaps foolishly, had them beating Stanford to get to the Elite 8. I doubt I would have had them going that far if I would have known she might have been out with a concussion. I still would have had them beating Auburn, I think, but probably not Houston in the second round.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        The Houston libero, also the AAC Libero of the year (if not the last 2 years), and my apologies for not remembering her name, Katie Popasnuffalupagus or something like that, made possibly the best play I've ever seen in that match, crashing through some tables and taking a shot as bad as Christian Pulisic did scoring vs Iran, then getting back into the point, one handed bonking another shot before UH finally would win the point. It was the SCTop10 #1 play, and it was well deserving of that rank.

UH was fortunate to win that match, South Dakota is really good. Kansas gave Nebraska all they wanted. I hope 16 for Rice is out of eligibility because we don't have anyone that can handle her (most teams don't to be fair) when they join the conference next season.
        A marathon point in a volleyball match went viral after a player dove onto a table to make a save and then returned to help her team triumph (msn.com)

Scroll down a way to see the 39 second video. Unbelievable!

Comment

Stanford 3-0 Houston
          24, 16, 17

Comment

The Final Four with the seed in their respective quadrants are:

#1 Texas v #2 San Diego

#1 Louisville v #2 Pittsburgh

Comment

Pittsburgh over Wisconsin and San Diego over Stanford were excellent matches to watch. High quality volleyball.

Comment

Semifinals

Texas 3-1 San Diego

Louisville 3-2 Pittsburgh

Finals on Saturday

Comment

I did pick the final four teams in my bracket. I did pick Louisville beating Pittsburg, but I had San Diego beating Texas and Louisville to win the National Championship. Texas ruined that. It looks like Texas is going to beat Louisville in the finals as they are up 2-0 and are tied 22-22 in set three. Who knows, Louisville may win the next three sets, but I doubt it.

Comment

Finals

Texas 3-0 Louisville
                    25-22, 25-14, 26-24

The 'Horns were down 22-24 in the third set but won the last four points for the Championship. Championship point was a service ace.

Comment

Working...
                    X