2022 NCAA Volleyball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 NCAA Volleyball Tournament

Houston is the #5 seed in the Stanford Quarter of the bracket. South Dakota is the first round opponent of Houston, and they play at Creighton.

UCF is the #5 seed in the Wisconsin Quarter of the bracket. Yale is the first round opponent of UCF, and they play at Penn State.

Texas is the #1 National Seed. Louisville is the #2, Wisconsin is the #3, and Stanford is the #4. (Maybe #2 and #3 are reversed.)
    Last edited by flyingMoose; November 27, 2022, 07:18 PM.

We host

Comment

Drake v Weber State at 2pm on Dec 4 and Grand Canyon v Wichita State at 4:30

Winners 12/5 @ 630pm

Comment

My GoodDoctor, let's use this thread for the NCAA tournament - primarily Houston and UCF as long as they last. I started another thread for the NIVC.

Additionally, the times on the NIVC bracket are all ET.

Comment

Trying to fill out my bracket now...

I can see Houston beating South Dakota, but South Dakota is a good team. They handled Omaha well in their conference championship game. I can't see them beating Creighton if they get past South Dakota, and of course, Creighton beats Auburn which I'm pretty sure will happen. I can see Creighton beating Stanford in the Sweet 16. I think Stanford would beat Houston if they made it to the Sweet 16.

I'm confident UCF will beat Yale. They might be able to beat Penn St, if Penn St beats UMBC, which I'm sure will happen. I can see UCF winning although Penn St will be the favorite if they met in the second round. Haven't made that decision yet. I doubt either team will beat Wisconsin in the Sweet 16.

Rice, who will be in the AAC next year, has a tough matchup against Colorado in the first round. I think Rice will win. Baylor will be favored to beat Stephen F Austin, but I'm not sure if Baylor will win. I think Rice can and will beat Baylor or SFA. I don't think they will beat Louisville in the Sweet 16. I think Rice can beat Purdue if Purdue beats Louisville in the second round. The Louisville quadrant of the bracket is the hardest for me to figure out as Purdue and Baylor have been up and down all year.

I'm kinda surprised Kansas got into the tournament. They might beat Miami, but I doubt they will. I think I'm going to pick Miami to win the first round matchup. If Kansas does win, I think Nebraska will crush them in the second round.

Comment

Moved to NIVC Thread
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 2, 2022, 01:25 PM.

Comment

#16 for Rice is a ridiculous athlete!

Comment

Friday - First Round

Houston 3-2 South Dakota
                -14, -19, 18-, 23-, -11

UCF 3-0 Yale
                22, 16, 17

EDIT: Houston scores corrected.
                Last edited by flyingMoose; December 3, 2022, 04:56 PM.

Comment

The Houston libero, also the AAC Libero of the year (if not the last 2 years), and my apologies for not remembering her name, Katie Popasnuffalupagus or something like that, made possibly the best play I've ever seen in that match, crashing through some tables and taking a shot as bad as Christian Pulisic did scoring vs Iran, then getting back into the point, one handed bonking another shot before UH finally would win the point. It was the SCTop10 #1 play, and it was well deserving of that rank.

UH was fortunate to win that match, South Dakota is really good. Kansas gave Nebraska all they wanted. I hope 16 for Rice is out of eligibility because we don't have anyone that can handle her (most teams don't to be fair) when they join the conference next season.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                    Friday - First Round

Houston 3-2 South Dakota
                    -14, -19, -18, -23, -11
                    Which sets did Houston win in addition to the 5th set?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Which sets did Houston win in addition to the 5th set?
                      That was some bad typing. :( They won first, second, and fifth. Will correct.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

That was some bad typing. :( They won first, second, and fifth. Will correct.
                        Thanks, I was too lazy to look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          The Houston libero, also the AAC Libero of the year (if not the last 2 years), and my apologies for not remembering her name, Katie Popasnuffalupagus or something like that, made possibly the best play I've ever seen in that match, crashing through some tables and taking a shot as bad as Christian Pulisic did scoring vs Iran, then getting back into the point, one handed bonking another shot before UH finally would win the point. It was the SCTop10 #1 play, and it was well deserving of that rank.

UH was fortunate to win that match, South Dakota is really good. Kansas gave Nebraska all they wanted. I hope 16 for Rice is out of eligibility because we don't have anyone that can handle her (most teams don't to be fair) when they join the conference next season.
                          That was a great save by Houston's libero, Kate Georgiades. She said she didn't even see the table until after she was airborne. Rumor has it the table is still knocked over. (It's not, the Houston volleyball players set it back up.) She should get to take that table home as a souvenir.

Houston might not have won that game if Juhnke, who led the NCAA is kills per set, or was in the top five at least, had not dislocated her knee in the fourth set.

I think Houston could beat Auburn. Auburn beat Creighton which really messed up my bracket. I wouldn't have had them going so far if I would have known that Wait, their setter, was out with a concussion.

I have UCF beating Penn State, so that means Penn State is gonna win.

Comment

Saturday - Second Round

Penn State 3-1 UCF
                            19-, -18, -22, -21

Houston 3-2 Auburn
                            25-, -15, 12-, -23, -8
                            Last edited by flyingMoose; December 3, 2022, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Critter's Pa View Post

That was a great save by Houston's libero, Kate Georgiades. She said she didn't even see the table until after she was airborne. Rumor has it the table is still knocked over. (It's not, the Houston volleyball players set it back up.) She should get to take that table home as a souvenir.

Houston might not have won that game if Juhnke, who led the NCAA is kills per set, or was in the top five at least, had not dislocated her knee in the fourth set.

I think Houston could beat Auburn. Auburn beat Creighton which really messed up my bracket. I wouldn't have had them going so far if I would have known that Wait, their setter, was out with a concussion.

I have UCF beating Penn State, so that means Penn State is gonna win.
                              What happened to Creighton’s setter?

Comment

Working...
                              X