Shocker VB vs Tulane & Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Everyone posting here is really good at understanding volleyball.

That first set was indeed ugly.

Houston is REALLY old.

4th year (transfer) setter Morgan Janda.

3rd year Junior setter Annie Cooke (they run a 6-2) who was the 2020 FOT, setter of the year and 1st team AAC, 2nd team AAC last year. (Can you imagine Lambo bringing in a transfer to change to a 6-2 Heibert's junior season?)

5th year grad student (4th at UH) transfer middle Isabel Theut.

5th year grad student (2nd at UH) transfer OH Kennedy Warren

4th year senior (and if Melville isn't the POY then she is) Abbie Jackson

4th year senior middle Rachel Tullos.

3rd year junior (transfer) libero Kate Georgiades.

5th year (3rd at UH) transfer OH Kortlyn Henderson.

2nd year (1st at UH) transfer middle Kellen Morin, the youngster of the crowd.

Best as I can tell, almost all these kids have missed little to no time due to injuries in their career. That's astounding.

The 6:5 vs 2:8 aces to errors ratio doesn't even begin to tell the story of the butchering administered by UH in serve receive. I cannot tell you how many over passes and free balls off UH serves led to easy Cougar points.

Although trailing and honestly, never really threatening, I thought the Shocks battled as well as could be expected in the 2nd and 3rd sets (the first was a throw away).

I thought Plugge made a nice accounting of herself and I would like to see more 6-2. We need options and we need Brylee fresh on the front row and frankly out of serve receive.

The one problem with that is running out of subs. I don't pay that close of attention, but I think Annalie was about to be forced to rotate to the front row. Obviously not an ideal situation.

Houston is old and has meaningful transfers. Unless you aren't missing with your recruiting, then you're just behind the 8 ball without filling in gaps with transfers.
    So tell me again the reasons this matters? And if it does, why not at WSU?

Keep in mind Houston replaced their coach and basically reset their program the year Lambo won COY. Now here we are discussing a program that seems to have accomplished exactly what Lambo told WSU fans he had to do…4 years ago.

Why is WSU not “old”?
    Why is WSU not getting transfers?
    Why does WSU have 3 mid to low level recruits this cycle?

Comment

Foster Secures Second Straight Honor Roll Spot

The sophomore middle blocker added to her tremendous season with two more outstanding performances against Tulane and Houston. Against the Green Wave, Foster hit .423, committing just one attack error in 26 attempts while terminating 12. She added three blocks and a pair of service aces, in addition to delivering the match-winning kill at 24-23 in the fourth set.

Foster was even better on Sunday against one of the nation's top defenses in Houston. She hit a staggering .684 on 19 tries, putting down 14 kills with a lone attack error. For the weekend, Foster hit a combined .533 (26 kills, 2 errors, 45 attempts), averaging 3.7 kills per set.

It's the fourth weekly honor for Foster, who has now been named to the Honor Roll in consecutive weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by jimshocker View Post

So tell me again the reasons this matters? And if it does, why not at WSU?

Keep in mind Houston replaced their coach and basically reset their program the year Lambo won COY. Now here we are discussing a program that seems to have accomplished exactly what Lambo told WSU fans he had to do…4 years ago.

Why is WSU not “old”?
        Why is WSU not getting transfers?
        Why does WSU have 3 mid to low level recruits this cycle?
        I honestly don't know, just like I honestly don't know why you have a gynormous thorn up your ass for Lambo.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Foster Secures Second Straight Honor Roll Spot

The sophomore middle blocker added to her tremendous season with two more outstanding performances against Tulane and Houston. Against the Green Wave, Foster hit .423, committing just one attack error in 26 attempts while terminating 12. She added three blocks and a pair of service aces, in addition to delivering the match-winning kill at 24-23 in the fourth set.

Foster was even better on Sunday against one of the nation's top defenses in Houston. She hit a staggering .684 on 19 tries, putting down 14 kills with a lone attack error. For the weekend, Foster hit a combined .533 (26 kills, 2 errors, 45 attempts), averaging 3.7 kills per set.

It's the fourth weekly honor for Foster, who has now been named to the Honor Roll in consecutive weeks.

Imagine if she gets better the next couple of seasons.

Comment

Thorn because the vball board is weird.

If this was basketball, or baseball, or softball, the conversations would have changed 2 years ago. We are now into 5 years of nonsense. And it’s like everything is as expected.

Maybe it is now. 3rd or 4th place and hope for the NIVC. Sad if that’s where we are with the vball program.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              I thought Plugge made a nice accounting of herself and I would like to see more 6-2. We need options and we need Brylee fresh on the front row and frankly out of serve receive.

The one problem with that is running out of subs. I don't pay that close of attention, but I think Annalie was about to be forced to rotate to the front row. Obviously not an ideal situation.
              The Shockers did run into this situation earlier this year, I don't remember if it was against Wyoming or Iowa St. Katie Galligan played in the front row. I wonder what Natalie said to her when the Shocks were in serve-serve/receive. I remember she was playing in the middle while Natalie was playing outside hitter, I don't remember who else was in the front row.

I wonder how much separation there is between Hailey and Kayce (and Lauren Wheeler. I assume she is redshirting this year.). I thought Hailey was a decent setter when the Shockers played their scrimmages last spring. I thought she might have been a slightly better blocker than Kayce, but I have not seen enough of her playing to make a good comparison. Have not seen Lauren play beyond warm ups, so I have no idea how she compares to the other two setters.

Comment

Working...
              X