VB Recruit Helps Lead One of Top Teams In State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB Recruit Helps Lead One of Top Teams In State

Eagle - Wichita State volleyball recruit helps lead Andover Central team to success this season

When making a list of potential destinations to continue her volleyball career in college, Andover Central senior Allie Paulsen kept coming back to one school.

It wasn’t a hard decision when Paulsen, a 6-foot-2 middle blocker, recently announced she verbally committed to join Wichita State and coach Chris Lamb at the next level.

“Lambo has coached me some in my club volleyball career and I just absolutely love him as a coach,” Paulsen said. “I think his morals and the way he coaches are so incredible and when I was making my decision where to play college volleyball, I knew Wichita State was the place I had to go because I couldn’t imagine trying to find another coach who makes me a better player like he does.”

Paulsen is already a standout player at the high school level and a reason why the Jaguars are among the best teams in Class 5A West this season. The team entered last week with a 27-7 record and will travel for the final triangular of the season on Tuesday to Arkansas City, where Andover Central will also play Derby.

Paulsen has been a dominant blocking force for the Jaguars, leading the team in blocks with 65 (nearly one per set) and ranks second on the team in kills with 222 (2.9 per set) this season.
    She's coached by former Shocker Kayla Weidert (Stout).
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

I've seen reports of two VB signings but no article yet on Go Shockers.

Reagan Anderson is a libero that's played for St. Thomas Aquinas.

Haley Wolfe is a MB out of Elkhorn, NE.

I'm not sure how many are expected to sign and would expect any official release to come after all NLI's are in hand.
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I am a little surprised regarding the signings (more correctly, the lack of signings). As it stands right now, we really only have one legit bench player in Emerson. I am hopeful (and think) we have a an elite setter in the wings with Lauren Wheeler and Katie G has the skillset to be great at libero/DS. But there's not much in scoring.

I am assuming Brylee will return next season, but if we're to rebuild, we need some talent to redshirt to develop and be ready when we lose Kelly & Rohling (and then Foster).

Nothing against these signings.....you KNOW Lambo is recruiting great kids. Hopefully there's a couple more we haven't unearthed yet (and I don't subscribe to that guy from NE anymore who had fantastic recruiting info).

Comment

Just saw on Twitter that Allie has officially signed and that she will be the last addition.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
        X