No announcement yet.

Shocker VB at Houston and Tulane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very disappointing performance against Tulane who was 1-8 in AAC play following their loss to Tulsa in a sweep on Friday.

This match should pretty much shut down what were already very slim hopes/chances for post-season play. Losing a 5th set to any team by 15-4, let alone to a team like Tulane, is pretty embarrassing. What that tells us about this team I am not sure but it's not good.

Comment

Really disappointing, especially since we picked up an indirect win over #1 Texas this week. Sad.

Comment

Sunday Matches

Tulsa 0-3 Houston
        19, 19, 23

SMU 3-0 East Carolina
        14, 19, 23

Memphis 3-2 Temple
        -20, 19-, 23-, -25, -12

USF 0-3 Cincinnati
        17, 13, 17

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Morgan at L is an odd look for sure. Hope Lily isn’t hurt. Cannot return a jump serve.
          Lily took a pretty shot to the head resulting in a bloody nose against Houston. Apparently, on further evaluation she was placed under concussion protocol. Hard to say how log she will be out. Did not seem to severe but that's pretty hard to judge.

Lambo was on a recruiting trip to Oklahoma last night and Katie Zimmerman and Ashleigh Houghton joined Mike Kennedy on the Monday evening radio show. They talked very little about the Houston and Tulsa matches or the upcoming USF and UCF matches. Mostly talked about their personal experiences of getting to where they are now and what it's like working for Lambo.

I will say that I have not problem with a recruiting trip taking precedence over the radio show. That would appear to be Job #1 at this point.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 25, 2022, 08:51 AM.

Comment

“ I will say that I have not problem with a recruiting trip taking precedence over the radio show. That would appear to be Job #1 at this point.”

Well, based on all of the preseason and early season talk of how prepared, experienced, and excited the players AND coaching staff was to have nearly the entire ‘21 contributing team back.

It seems odd that #1 priority mid season is recruiting. Shouldn’t it be to get the current underperforming group back to last seasons level?

Shouldn’t the current group be coming back as seniors?! Years into the complicated Lambo coaching matrix? Or, is it time to restart the circle of youth=inexperience=growing pains=Lambo has a plan=blah blah

Anyone that listened to last weeks coaches show heard a HEAD COACH with no answers for what’s happening. No explanation for why kid’s underperform. No explanation for the total lack of consistency. That’s the job of a D1 head coach!! To figure that out. Seems like Lambo is moving on from this crew. Based on last weeks coaches show, in his own words, he has no idea what’s coming match to match,

Was not surprised at all that Chris did not do the show this week. After last week, he would have had nothing to say anyway.

Was not surprised at all that the assistant coaches spent time talking about themselves and Chris and not what’s going on on the court. Chris has no answers, and therefore neither do his subordinates.

Assistants last night talked about how “terrifying” the team looked in Spring Practice. And aren’t sure why it’s not translating.

EVERY D1 program in the Spring Practice should appear to have terrifying D1 athletes in the court. How they respond to the opponents terrifying D1 athletes on games is why we have D1 coaches. To figure that out!

And if the coaches can’t figure it out, who does!?

I see an elephant!!

Comment

Originally posted by jimshocker View Post

I see an elephant!!

Look away from the mirror
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
              X