Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Bredbenner Gets Extension

Go Shockers - Wichita State, Bredbenner Agree to New Contract

WICHITA, Kan. - Wichita State and head softball coach Kristi Bredbenner have agreed to a new contract that will run through the 2027 season, director of athletics Kevin Saal announced Thursday afternoon.

"Coach Bredbenner is a tremendous leader for our softball program and the young women who develop within it," Saal said. "Throughout the last 11 years, under Kristi's stewardship, our softball student-athletes, coaches and administrators have responsibly and methodically built Wichita State Softball into a championship-level program."

Entering her 12th season at the helm, Bredbenner has guided the Shockers to two of the program's three conference championships and four of the six NCAA Regional appearances. The Shockers are coming off back-to-back NCAA appearances - a first in program history. The 2022 Shockers ranked second nationally in home runs, scoring, slugging percentage and on base percentage, while re-writing the single season record books for a second straight season.

"I am honored and thankful to be the head softball coach at Wichita State University," Bredbenner said. "The commitment that President Rick Muma, Athletic Director Kevin Saal and all of Shocker Nation has made to the softball program, coaching staff and most importantly to the student-athletes who will continue to significantly impact our level of success in a positive way."

Through her first 11 seasons at Wichita State, Bredbenner has a career record of 320-252-1, and became the school's all-time winningest coach in 2021. Under Bredbenner, 41 student-athletes have earned all-conference accolades and 16 NFCA All-Region honors
    I'm sure Taylor will have something on the numbers eventually.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Good for her. Shocker softball is fun to watch. Much better than watching shocker baseball.

Comment

Really happy to see that the coaching pool has also increased and I hope they're able to do what they want to do over at Wilkins in the near future. I really like the idea of being able to utilize some of the unused space at the Heskett and tying into the softball facility.

Kristi has really been building something here and if the pitching can step up a bit, we could be in for some special times in softball. I'm interested to see how some of the young hitters she's brought in do, but they all sound like good gets and I know some come from some pretty good travel teams. Can't wait for spring!
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
      X