Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB - 2022 Schedule

KSAL - Wichita State Volleyball Finalizes 2022 Schedule

The Shockers begin the season on the road for the first 11 matches of the season, all against non-conference opponents who finished better than .500 in 2021. The season opener is at Wyoming to kick off the Rumble in the Rockies, with matches against NCAA tournament foes Creighton and Iowa State to follow. Wichita State welcomes September with the Omaha Challenge, battling Summit League regular season champion Omaha and Big Sky champion Northern Colorado. The following weekend sends WSU to Lawrence for the Kansas Invitational, where Wichita State takes on NIVC winner UNLV and host Kansas, who reached the Sweet Sixteen last season.

WSU rounds out the non-conference schedule with matches against Northern Illinois and Kansas City in KC, then a trip to Dayton for battles with Dayton and Wright State, who combined to win 49 matches a year ago.

After the extended non-conference road swing, the Shockers return to Charles Koch Arena to host Temple in the American Athletic Conference opener on September 23. All Friday night home matches will once again begin at 7:00 pm, while Sunday contests are set for 1:00 pm with the exception of a noon start against East Carolina on September 25.

The lone Wednesday home match falls on October 12 against Tulsa, also a 7:00 pm first serve.

The AAC schedule is a true round robin format, meaning the Shockers will play all eight opponents both at home and away. The regular season finale is scheduled for November 25 at Memphis.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Link to Go Shockers schedule
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Correction To goShockers.com schedule announcement:

The AAC schedule is a true round robin format, meaning the Shockers will play all ten opponents both at home and away.

Comment

The eight caught my eye but I'm also at work and figured a couple of schools may not have had VB, but I couldn't think of who that would be off the top of my head.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I like the non-conference schedule for the most part. Appears to be an upgrade from last year. Some really good challenges in there.

We are going to find out a lot about this team right out of the chute in Laramie. The Shocks lost to Wyoming 1-3 and Creighton 0-3 at home last year. Last year South Dakota, who the Shocks beat 3-2, was the 4th team in this group. Replacing them with Iowa State is definitely an upgrade.

I would take 6-5 against this schedule right now and feel pretty good assuming we are competitive in our losses. Far from assured we can get to 6 wins in the 11 non-con matches.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            The eight caught my eye but I'm also at work and figured a couple of schools may not have had VB, but I couldn't think of who that would be off the top of my head.
            All 11 AAC teams sponsor volleyball and there are 20 AAC matches on the schedule.

Comment

Go Shockers - Volleyball Match at SMU Selected for ESPNU

WICHITA, Kan. – Wichita State's volleyball match at SMU on November 23 has been selected to air nationwide on ESPNU. Originally scheduled for a 1:00 pm CST first serve, the match will now get underway at noon.

It's the first national TV broadcast for Wichita State volleyball since the 2018 season when the Shockers battled Creighton on Fox Sports Go, and the first TV broadcast on an ESPN affiliate since a matchup with Texas A&M in 2015 aired on SEC Network.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
              X