VB - Shannon Lamb Stepping Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB - Shannon Lamb Stepping Down

Go Shockers - RH: Shannon Lamb's Influence Seen in All Areas of Program's Rise

Each fall, alums return to Charles Koch Arena to remember their time playing volleyball for Wichita State. They line up on the court at intermission, sometimes with their children alongside.

Those former Shockers are evidence of what Shannon Lamb loves the most about 22 years helping her husband build the program.

"It's that unbreakable bond," she said. "The relationships you grow with the young women that are in the program, and as they move on and start their families and have their jobs. They come back and it is the coolest thing ever to be able to spend time with them."

Shannon (Hoyt) Lamb came to Wichita State in March 2000 with soon-to-be husband Chris Lamb. After 22 seasons with the Wichita State volleyball program, Shannon Lamb announced this week that she is stepping down from her position as director of operations due to health issues.

"This was an incredibly difficult decision to make, but one I feel is in the best interest of the program I love so much," Shannon Lamb said. "As I continue to deal with the effects of a concussion I sustained more than two years ago, the difficulties of balancing treatment and the demands of this position became increasingly clear. Ultimately, I believe this decision is the right one for both my health and Shocker volleyball."

The change will allow her to spend more time on rehab such as physical and occupational therapy.

"Chris has been my rock through this entire thing," she said. "I'll miss being part of the team. That has never gotten old for me. There's so much energy around the players and the program. It's just a really cool thing to be a part of a team."
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

I’m not crying. You’re crying.

78-65

Comment

There are none better, anywhere.

I will, in fact, die on that hill.

And I will take you with me if you stupidly choose to challenge my take.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
        I’m not crying. You’re crying.

This guy knows what I'm talking about.

Comment

I think Shannon has been an invaluable assets to Shocker volleyball and probably deserves far more credit than she has actually garnered in her time at Wichita State. I was not aware that she was having health issues and I hope and pray that she can get those issues resolved. Hopefully, she will still be able to be around the team when she can. Whatever presence she can spare for the team will be a positive but not the most important thing.

I agree with Doc. Good luck on find an equal, let alone a better person.

Many thanks to Shannon for her tireless and caring contributions to Shocker volleyball. If and when (not sure there is any if), Lambo goes into the Shocker Hall of Fame he and Shannon should be inducted as a team.

Comment

Prayers to the Lambs as they deal with this. There is more to life than sports.

Comment

That is not good news for the program. I always saw Shannon as the balancing component to Chris and his analytics. The softer side in the tough environment of college athletics if you will

Comment

Working...
              X