Neleigh Herring Signs Professional Softball Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neleigh Herring Signs Professional Softball Contract

I didn't know there was a pro softball league anywhere. Taylor's tweet makes it sound like it's new, or at least the Florida Vibe are new.

I can't twitter from the work computer but was on my phone. Suppose I could have posted this from my phone but I had SN pulled up on the computer. So complex.

I'm not sure how well professional softball will work, or how it will, but I'm for it if they can do it and get support and sponsors.

Congrats to Neleigh who had one hell of a career here in Wichita!
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Here's an article from September by Extra Innings Softball about the new league starting in June of '22

A new professional softball league, the WPF (for “Women’s Professional League), will begin next summer based on the collaboration of three companies—USA Softball, USSSA Pride and Smash It Sports, it was announced Thursday morning.

Former Oklahoma All-American Lauren Chamberlain will serve in the role of commissioner and the new league will be headquartered in Oklahoma City. Additional information about the WPF can be found at the league’s website:wprofastpitch.com.

The following news release was sent out Thursday morning with more details and quotes from the key parties…
    You can read the release in the link.

I'm struggling to find information on how many teams or where they're located as the WPF site only lists two teams, one in FL and the other in NY. Neither one are the Vipers who are also in FL.

The more I keep trying to dig the more confused I get about what's going on. I've seen articles where the WPF still only had 2 teams as of April and were going to do some sort of national barnstorming tour with those teams to spread the word and try to get more support. I've seen something with the Vibe working with the Florida Gulf Coast League in some fashion. So I think maybe there's a more regional Florida league that she's joined while the WPF is trying to build something bigger, but so far not being successful.

Either way, I hope things work out for Neleigh and professional softball on some level.
    Last edited by SubGod22; May 26, 2022, 03:08 PM.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Bring a professional softball team to Wichita!
      Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
      X