Softball Post Season Honors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    The best hitter and best power hitter, only second team.

Guess they have more to prove still!
    I am sure that has a lot to do with the perceived level of competition they are playing especially the pitching. Outside of UCF and USF the competition and pitching in the AAC this year was not that great.

Objectively, when looking at the Shocks schedule this past year, that is probably a valid consideration and everyone is not going to see eye-to-eye on that. However, I don't want to detract too much form the tremendous years Sydney and Addie had in 2022.

Last year Sydney received 3rd Team All-American honors from both NFCA and Softball America. Addie received 3rd Team All-American honors from Softball America

These are the only 2 softball All-Americans in school history. Looking forward to seeing what kind of career numbers they put up. Syd with 1 more year remaining and Addie with 2 more years.

Hope HCKB can find a quality pitcher or two.

Comment

I noticed TTech’s leading hitter entered the portal.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        I noticed TTech’s leading hitter entered the portal.
        Would that be Payton Jackson? If not, who?

I wonder how, whoever it is, got along with Zoe Jones.

Perhaps this belongs in the offseason/preseason discussion thread.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

It is her. Sorry didn’t mean to hijack thread.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

It is her. Sorry didn’t mean to hijack thread.
            Wonder how the firing of their head coach before the conference tourney (and not finishing her 2nd season) played into this, if at all.

Comment

Barnard Selected to CoSida First Team Academic All-American Team

https://goshockers.com/news/2022/6/7...-american.aspx

Sophomore Addison Barnard etched her name on one more All-America team Tuesday morning after being named a College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) First Team Academic All-American®.

The Beatrice, Neb., native becomes just the fifth Shocker to earn Academic All-America honors and only the third to make the first team. She is the first Academic All-American for Wichita State since Emily Peters in 1998.

The 2022 American Player of the Year is majoring in health science and has a 3.73 cumulative GPA.

Comment

Extra Innings Softball - College Softball Postseason Awards 2022

Assistant Coach of the Year: Elizabeth Economon, Wichita State

After graduating nearly half of their team’s 100+ home runs from the 2021 season, it would have been understandable if Wichita State’s offense took a bit of a dip in 2022. Instead, the Shockers decided to SURPASS their home run total from a season earlier, hitting 121 as a team in 2022. Addison Barnard enjoyed a 20-20 season at the plate and on the basepaths, while Sydney McKinney ended the year batting .522 with 97 hits to her credit. Six different Shockers’ players reached double-digits in home runs and as a unit, the Wichita offense scored 415 runs on the season.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                X