No announcement yet.

Spring 2022 Volleyball Spring Matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would indeed. And it would clearly take precedent over some spring volleyball scrimmages.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      It would indeed. And it would clearly take precedent over some spring volleyball scrimmages.

FYI I wasn't trying to be snarky at all. I couldn't tell if that event took place yesterday or not, so it may or may not have been a scheduling conflict, I really have no idea, just happened to find that on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

FYI I wasn't trying to be snarky at all. I couldn't tell if that event took place yesterday or not, so it may or may not have been a scheduling conflict, I really have no idea, just happened to find that on Twitter.
        I didn't take as snarky, I took as good info to know and hear about. Happy to hear Kayce missed the scrimmages for a good reason that wasn't injury related.

I assumed that since it was dated yesterday the event took place yesterday. A little research shows the symposium, hosted by the University of Memphis, opened on Thursday evenig and closed on with a final keynote speaker around noon on Saturday. I am sure Kayce and Ella were great representatives for WSU.

IRVING, Texas – The 2022 American Athletic Conference Academic Symposium, the signature event of the conference’s academic consortium, returns as an in-person event this week at the FedEx Institute of Technology on the campus of the University of Memphis.

Comment

Volleyball Welcomes Kansas for Spring Match

The Wichita State volleyball team continues their spring schedule with a matchup against in-state foe Kansas on Wednesday, April 20 at Charles Koch Arena. First serve is scheduled for 5:00 pm and admission is free.

The Shockers and Jayhawks met three times in 2021, with Kansas claiming all three. The last meeting came in Lawrence on September 10, 2021, a 25-22, 25-20, 25-16 Jayhawks win. Wichita State last defeated Kansas in the 2012 NCAA Tournament to advance to the Sweet Sixteen.

Kansas is coming off an 18-12 season a year ago, upsetting Oregon and Creighton in the NCAA Tournament before falling to Pitt in the Sweet Sixteen.

Comment

KU's volleyball team apparently hitched a ride with the KU softball team to scrimmage against the Shocks.

After some practice drills with a coach from each team alternative serves and the all the players getting on the floor the Shocks and Jayhawks played 4 sets.

KU won the first 3 by scored 25-21, 25-22 and 26-24. The Shockers took the 4th set 25-15 but KU clearly did not have their best talent on the floor for the 4th set.

KU had 17 players on hand and the Shocks had 13. You don't see the Shocks outnumbered very often. More on that in a follow-up post.

Kayce was available tonight and did the serving in sets 1 and 2. Hailey Plugge served sets 3 and 4. Sophia Rohling was not in attendance. I think I heard someone say she was ill.

Thought that Lily and Lara did a better job passing the ball than they did on the multi-team session on April 9th. The Shocks had their ups and downs in this match but generally hung in there.
            I am still of the opinion that whenever Morgan is on the front row the Shocks are at a disadvantage against most teams.

I didn't notice that Natalie played any on the pins so that experiment may be on the back burner or possibly even dropped. Especially, consider Sophia was not available tonight.

Comment

The Shocker 2022 Volleyball Roster is now up on goShockers.com and does answer some questions.

As was pretty much already determined Kailin Newsome will not be returning and apparently is heading back to Southeastern Louisiana

It appears that two of the four setters on last year's roster will not be returning as Lauren Phillips and the polish setter, Zofia Szczotkiewicz are not listed on the 2022 roster.

I don't think any of these player movements are a particular surprise.

At this point the Shocker roster lists 14 players:

Setters: Kayce Litzau, Hailey Plugge
              Middles: Natalie Foster, Lauren McMahon, Morgan Stout, Addy Badly
              Outsides: Brylee Kelly, Sophia Rohling, Sophie Childs, Morgan Weber
              L/DS's: Lily Liekweg, Lara Uyar, Annalie Heliste, Kylie Marneris

Income Freshman: OH Emerson Wilford and L/DS Katie Galligan as mentioned in post #14 above.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 21, 2022, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Also setter Lauren Wheeler, from St James Academy, a volleyball factory, just signed.

Comment

Signing of Wheeler is a great one for the Shockers!

Comment

Roundhouse podcast with Chris Lamb on Wichita State volleyball

Comment

Working...
                    X