2022 Shocker Hall of Famer Chelsea Feekin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Shocker Hall of Famer Chelsea Feekin

I lost the link from the FB post I just saw and I'm too lazy to go looking for it, but the fabulous and arguably best setter the program will officially be a Shocker Hall of Famer next year.

A much deserved honor for one of thr all time greats.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Most people probably don't know how close she was to leaving the program. One of the greatest student athletes in any sport at WSU.

Comment

I had no clue. She was a fabulous player. I remember wondering how we'd replace MEH and of we'd ever find another talent like her, then in comes Feekin. She was a joy to watch work.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Chelsey Feekin (Volleyball), Brent Kemnitz (Baseball Coach), Aliphine Tuliamuk (Cross Country/Track and Field), Gordon Vadakin (Bowling Coach) and Hunter Veith (Track and Field) have been selected as the 2022 Class of the Wichita State Pizza Hut Shocker Sports Hall of Fame.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

She redshirted 09 then played sparingly in 10 and 11. You can't blame Lambo, he had MEH, the best setter in the history of the program in front of her but she and her family were not pleased about not playing much her freshman season. Hard to blame them either. She was elite.

Pretty sure Lambo today would tell you Chelsea was even better. She is the best player I've ever seen here, and that includes MEH, Sarah Lungren and Emily Stockman.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            I had no clue. She was a fabulous player. I remember wondering how we'd replace MEH and of we'd ever find another talent like her, then in comes Feekin. She was a joy to watch work.
            She was ‘pretty’ Feekin’ good!
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

https://goshockers.com/news/2021/12/...announced.aspx
              That is a pretty impressive induction class. Absolutely, no arguments from me.

Comment

As good as good as Chelsey Feekin was her fellow inductees are probably even more impressive than Chelsey.

Hunter Veith had a great track career but he also had some very untimely injuries during his career. I would loved to have seen what he might have accomplished if he had not had those injuries. And the decathlon/heptathlon events are not exactly a walk in the park.

I don't think much needs to be said about Brent, Gordon and Aliphine. Their resumes pretty much say it all.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 10, 2021, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  She redshirted 09 then played sparingly in 10 and 11. You can't blame Lambo, he had MEH, the best setter in the history of the program in front of her but she and her family were not pleased about not playing much her freshman season. Hard to blame them either. She was elite.

Pretty sure Lambo today would tell you Chelsea was even better. She is the best player I've ever seen here, and that includes MEH, Sarah Lungren and Emily Stockman.
                  I always thought that the best setter was sitting during MEH's senior year.

Comment

Working...
                  X