X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAC Awards

Brylee - Unanimous First Team

https://twitter.com/GoShockersVB/sta...491010/photo/1

Brylee is one of four unanimous selections.

Natalie - Second Team

https://twitter.com/GoShockersVB/sta...539535/photo/1

Kayce - Second Team

https://twitter.com/GoShockersVB/sta...232641/photo/1

Somebody way more knowledgeable than me can post the actual Twitter post - the picture, that is.

Here is the link if you want to see the Tweets for all the awards.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; December 1, 2021, 02:50 PM.

Wow that's surprising for Brylee. There are a TON of really good OHs in this conference. Good for all 3!

Comment

Setters - one on First Team and two on Second Team

Middles - two on First Team and five (?) on Second Team

Comment

Here is the Wichita State press release on the AAC Awards:

Three Shockers Snag All-Conference Honors

On the All-Conference selections I am glad they are putting the class year for the honorees in the press release. Unfortunately, you don't know for sure how many years of eligibility individual players might have remaining unless you look at each players bio on their respective schools' websites.

I believe AAC Player of the Year McKenna Melville and Setter of the Year Amber Olson both of UCF each have one more year of eligibility should they choose to use it. 1st teamer Anne-Marie Watson and 2nd teamer Nerissa Moravec of UCF looks like they have completed there eligibility. But with Melville, Olson and 1st team selection Claudia Dillon who has 2 years of eligibility remaining most likely returning UCF with be the odds on favorite to repeats as AAC Champions next year.

Melville leads the NCAA Division I in points with 657.5 and in kills 578 this season. She also ranks fourth in attacks (1,427), fifth in points per set (5.67), and seventh in kills per set (4.98).

A true six-rotation player, Melville has shined defensively as she leads the team in digs with 351 (3.03 per set). The senior also leads the team in block solos with 15 this season while she has recorded 63 block assists.

Melville is an all-around threat, picking up 17 double-doubles so far this season and 69 in her career. The outside hitter has also racked up seven offensive player of the week honors this season, marking 14 in her career.

Cincinnati's Sr. 1st teamer Maria Mallon appears to have 1 more year of eligibility if she wants it but the article regarding her selection on the Bearcats' website seems to indicate she has finished her career as a Bearcat.

SMU seniors, Rachel Woulfe, 1st team and Hannah Jacobs, 2nd team, each have another year of eligibility next year if they want it.

1st teamer Lexie Douglas of Tulane has completed her eligibility. Tulane's Kayla Dinkins, a 2nd teamer, has another year of eligibility to use if wanted.

So it appears that 9 of the 12 first team honorees will be back next year assuming I am correct regarding Maria Mallon and 7 of the 8 second teamers will be back next year.

UCF loses Watson and Moravec, Cincinnati loses Mallon (?) and Tulane loses Douglas.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
          Setters - one on First Team and two on Second Team

Middles - two on First Team and five (?) on Second Team
          Obviously,. selections aren't done by position.

8 outside hitters on the 1st team.

Harder for the middles to put up the kind of numbers the top outside hitters produce.

No libero on the 2nd team.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Obviously, selections aren't done by position.
            Yes. I was trying to give some sense of where the Shockers in those positions were relative to the rest of the conference. For example, Kayce is considered one of the top three setters in the AAC. I could have made my intent more clear.

Comment

Based on scholarships, the likelihood that most volleyball players stay on or ahead of schedule academically and the fact there is little chance to earn a living playing volleyball professionally, I would be stunned if all 16 on 1st and 2nd team that can come back, in fact will come back. Actually, if half of them return I'll consider it surprising.

Mentioned before but bears repeating, if for no reason other than incredibleness, Skylar Goering likely became the first redshirt freshman in the history of volleyball to celebrate her own senior day by scoring the final point for her team's season.

As a redshirt freshman. Pretty remarkable.

Comment

Attempt/experiment to copy and post the Twitter pics-

​

Still not sure how to size them to fit the window. So it goes.

Comment

I see 3 images stacked vertically but all are within the width of a my default window view.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    I see 3 images stacked vertically but all are within the width of a my default window view.
                    On mine, the right edge looks like it is in the window, but it is not quite. No information is lost in these cases, and maybe won't be in anything goshockers posts.

Comment

Looks good on both my phone and laptop
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        Looks good on both my phone and laptop
                        I don't resize; simply copy, paste and post from my desktop (laptop... I still struggle posting photos from my iPhone 11 Pro Max). All the credit goes to Kung Wu; he's the 'King' and makes the magic happen...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

@fjlyingMoose I posted the same images as you did. Right clicked on the image in the tweet, selected copy image and then posted below.

The result is smaller images than I see in your post. Why that is I do not know.

Comment

I did mine on an iMac using a Chrome browser. Different systems between us probably has something to do with it. I may try it from the Safari browser and report back. I know everyone is just dying to know. :)

EDIT: Same, except using Safari, I could move the image and see the "sliver" on the right that is unseen using Chrome. Can't move the image under Chrome.
                            Last edited by flyingMoose; December 3, 2021, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X