No announcement yet.

Shockers at Shocker Volleyball Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total train wreck. Hope it gets on the rails soon.

Comment

Wyoming dominates Shocks in Set 1 25-14. Shocks never in it. Hailey Plugge replaced Kayce in the latter stages of the set. The Shocks had a short stetch where there block was working. Otherwise nothing.

Comment

Worse than even I feared. And even though we're even in the 2nd, it's fools gold.

Stats may show a couple of kills, but we haven't put the ball down this set.

One positive is that it appears we'll have a good chance to be more rested for the beating at 7pm tonight.

Comment

Shocks jump out to a 6-3 lead in Set 2 thanks mostly to Wyoming errors. Wyoming settles down and goes on a 5-point run to force a Shocker TO at 6-8.

Shocker passing continues to be a problem.

Comment

Shockers completely falling apart, unable to return serve or basically do anything right. Kailin maybe not feeling well? She didn't start, and then when she came in didn't look herself and made several errors early. Shocks getting boatraced again. Girls looked beat coming out of the gate, and nothing has happened to change that.

Cannot imagine how ugly it could get tonight, because this is as ugly as I've seen in I don't know how long.

Comment

Shocks tied Set 2 at 9-9 them Wyoming busted them up 16-5 to close out the set.

Wyoming has 9 service aces in 2 sets. Probably the worst play I have seen from a Shocker team in the 18 years I have followed the Shocks.

Shockers scoring attack is hoping for attack errors and service errors by Wyoming with an occassional Shocker stuff block and a rare service ace.

Comment

Boy that was a tough call at home on 8-3 Shocks. If it was in, it ticked the line by a whisker.

I don't think this should be overturned, if it was called either way. Too close. Bad luck for us.

And it wasn't overturned.

Comment

Well at least we are getting a plethora of challenges to prolong the misery this morning.

Comment

We need one or two more Morgan Stouts. Love her competitiveness.

Comment

Much, much better play by the Shockers in Set 3 especially the passing. Lauren Phillips looked good setting. She had 13 assists in the set. Kayce and Hailey combined for 13 assists in the 1st 2 sets. Shocks take the set 25-20.

Shocks hit .368 in the set. What a difference a good pass makes.

Comment

Only 1 hitting error in the 3rd set. CERTAINLY a much better performance and effort from the ladies there. 25-20 Shocks. On to the 4th. Lauren Phillips at setter with 13 assists (solid).

Comment

Feels like this set is about to get away from us (Wyoming is just better) but at least we're competing.

And just like that 10-10 turns into 17-12 Wyoming.
                          Last edited by WuDrWu; September 18, 2021, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Impressively horrible. Wow.

Comment

Shocks passing was much better in the 3rd and 4th sets but Wyoming was great on defense in the 4th set and the Shocks simply could not find the floor.

Wyoming clearly the superior team in this one.

Comment

In my pre-tournament thoughts I was hoping the Shockers might be able to put up 60 points against Creighton. I think I will have to lower that to around 40. In the 3 sets we lost to Wyoming this morning the Shocks only managed 44 points.

​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X