Shocker VB [NOT] at South Dakota State Invite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker VB [NOT] at South Dakota State Invite

I'm still peeved about this one, so I am establishing a thread instead of just burying the issue in an existing thread.

We can't go to Brookings last week because of COVID issues within the program. Have other programs been impacted by COVID this season? Yes. Do I care? No. For some reason, the Shockers have not figured out a way to keep the team on the court. I'm peeved.

Three pretty straightforward wins off the plate.

And no Coach's Show. Tuesday night?

California Baptist 3-0 Montana
    16, 22, 22

South Dakota State 3-0 Montana
    16, 22, 20

South Dakota State 3-0 California Baptist
    19, 22, 16

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    And no Coach's Show. Tuesday night?
    Never was a coach's show scheduled this week. Covid or not. Besides they spent very little time on last week's coach's show talking about last weekends matches.

Comment

Just curious, did we wear masks at Arkansas State?

Comment

We didn't on Saturday against Ark State, so I'm guessing no for the weekend.

Comment

Your RPI futures went from #76 to 38 after missing this tournament. Assuming everyone recovers from illness, missing out on playing these three cupcakes was good for your NCAAT résumé.

Comment

Originally posted by JayPak View Post
            Your RPI futures went from #76 to 38 after missing this tournament. Assuming everyone recovers from illness, missing out on playing these three cupcakes was good for your NCAAT résumé.
            I wondered about the impact of three wins versus the caliber of the teams being beaten. And all of that will change once those teams get into conferences and (assumedly) beef up their records. Or not? I think the RPI Futures guy uses Pablo to play out the season and determine future records, so maybe that aspect is already factored in.

As an aside, based on a comment on the Coach's Show, this was a tournament found "late" and not necessarily the normal situation of finding a tournament where the other teams are expected to do well in their conference and have a nice W-L record.

EDIT: RPI Futures uses Pablo as described above.
            Last edited by flyingMoose; September 9, 2021, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X