Transfering 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfering 2021

Hearing some chatter of up to 6 players transferring out. Sounds like we are going to be VERY young again next year.

Names I have heard are in the transfer portal are Sina and Megan. Just saw on Twitter McKayla is transferring to UCONN for her super senior year.

Looks like there is a twitter handle @CVBTransfers that has quite a bit of info. Will have to do some digging on there when I am not at work.

Found Nicole is in the transfer portal and Marriah signed with UNOmaha.
    Last edited by shockersigep921; May 17, 2021, 02:41 PM.

It was just a matter of time before the transfer bug ripped into Volleyball.

I have zero first hand knowledge of the transfers, nor frankly do I want any. It's a mess.

I see Avery Skinner, 1st team All American from Kentucky (yeah the same Kentucky that won the National Championship) has had enough of Big Blue Nation and is heading to Baylor.

If she can transfer, anyone can, and will.

That same list shows Nicole Anderson and Marriah Buss are in the portal. Again, I have zero knowledge that the list is real and or accurate.

Comment

I was shocked at some of the names in the portal as well. A few transfer from one school to a rival (ie BYU-Utah, UCLA-USC). Also noticed quite a few of the KState players were listed. You are correct the bug has DEFINITELY spread.

Comment

Originally posted by shockersigep921 View Post
        Hearing some chatter of up to 6 players transferring out. Sounds like we are going to be VERY young again next year.

Names I have heard are in the transfer portal are Sina and Megan. Just saw on Twitter McKayla is transferring to UCONN for her super senior year.

Looks like there is a twitter handle @CVBTransfers that has quite a bit of info. Will have to do some digging on there when I am not at work.

Found Nicole is in the transfer portal and Marriah signed with UNOmaha.
        Sina, Megan, Nicole and Mariah were taken off the Shocker's 2020 roster page on goShockers.com about 6 weeks ago. So the only new info he is McKayla transferring.

One other player removed from the Shocker 2020 roster page about 6 weeks ago was Shea Lauria.

A while back I heard Lambo mention that he was considering going back to a 5-1 next year with Kayce Litzau running the show. If in fact, that is the case then McKayla moving on would not be a surprise under those conditions. I wouldn't be surprised to see either Lauren Phillips or Hailey Plugge move on as well.

I wish all these Ladies the best wherever they land. I have always thought Lambo's rosters were too big. Whether we will see smaller roster sizes going forward remains to be seen but I was always amazed with the size of his rosters. And I don't blame these athletes. Most of them want to and expect to play if they are on scholarship. 2020 was petty much musical chairs with the lineup so it's not surprising the quite a few player just don't feel comfortable with where the fit in exactly.

Comment

I have said my peace over on "the elephant in the room" thread. This will be the only time I post on this thread.

Yes, this year is an interesting year with the extra eligibility granted to every player, Freshman through Senior year, in ALL sports. Transfers will be all over the place for the next 4 seasons. Many high power D1 schools will look to add established 5th year seniors over taking on a borderline Freshman. It will be messy and current HS athletes will pay the price.

With Wichita State and Lambo, the issue predates the current conditions.

Players have been transferring for YEARS! Wichita State has been "young" for way too long because too many high level recruits leave the program after 1-2 years. The Juniors and Seniors left on the roster each year are not the players that were counted on to be major contributors as incoming freshman. WSU volleyball is stuck in a precarious position. WHY?

It will be interesting to see if Lambo can pull in any transfers that actually contribute, or if his contributors will continue to transfer out. That will speak volumes about how WSU volleyball is viewed amongst the athletes.

The Shockers have signed ONE incoming freshman player in this recruiting cycle?

Last year was not the start of players being uncomfortable with where they fit in. It's a continuation of a pattern that started the year after Lambo won Coach of the Year.

2018 Freshman/Redshirt Freshman
          Brylee Kelly
          Kora Kauling (gone)
          Chinelo Ogogor (gone)
          Megan Taflinger (gone)
          Makenna Miller (gone)
          Grace Burken (gone)
          Maddy Fruend (gone)
          Jenna Mak (gone)
          Alayna Maslinski (gone)

2019 Freshman/Redshirt Freshman
          Skylar Goering
          Brylee Kelly
          Kayce Litzau
          Nicole Anderson (gone)
          Arianna Arjomand (gone)
          Sina Uluave (gone)
          Chinelo Ogogor (gone)
          Sophia Rohling
          Shea Lauria (gone)
          Lilly Liekweg

Mariah Buss (gone after freshman year)

Burken (25 matches played)
          Kauling (50 matches played)
          Anderson (+25 matches played)
          Arjomand (25 matches played)
          Uluave (+40 matches played)
          Ogogor (23 matches played)
          Buss (14 of 17 matches as a freshman)
          Taflinger ( +70 matches played)

I wish WSU volleyball well, the fans have invested so much in this program! Wichita deserves more than what is being produced. Wichita should expect more than what is being produced.
          Last edited by jimshocker; May 18, 2021, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Looks like Lambo is using the transfer portal as well. WELCOME Kailin!

Kailin Newsome - OH- 5'11" Fr - Houston Tx - Formerly Southeastern Louisiana Univ

Was named Honorable Mention All Region - https://lionsports.net/news/2021/4/13/volleyball-newsome-earns-avca-all-region-honorable-mention.aspx

Averaged 4+ kills/set, only hit .183 on the season but she was the absolute work horse of the team. She took over 800 swings on the year and the second most attempts was less than 350. Only 19 blocks on the year (0.19 B/S), which is concerning. For comparison, Mariah was at 0.37 B/S

Comment

Originally posted by shockersigep921 View Post
              Looks like Lambo is using the transfer portal as well. WELCOME Kailin!

Kailin Newsome - OH- 5'11" Fr - Houston Tx - Formerly Southeastern Louisiana Univ

Was named Honorable Mention All Region - https://lionsports.net/news/2021/4/13/volleyball-newsome-earns-avca-all-region-honorable-mention.aspx

Averaged 4+ kills/set, only hit .183 on the season but she was the absolute work horse of the team. She took over 800 swings on the year and the second most attempts was less than 350. Only 19 blocks on the year (0.19 B/S), which is concerning. For comparison, Mariah was at 0.37 B/S
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
              X