No announcement yet.

A Look Forward to Next Fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocks Picked to Finish 8th in the AAC this season. Sophia Rohling Selected to the Pre-Season All-Conference Team.

https://goshockers.com/news/2021/8/1...onference.aspx

Hopefully, being pick 8th and getting very little respect from the AAC coaches will light a fire under the Shockers. That said the Shocks play in the last couple of years hasn't earned them any respect.

7 seniors on the 12-player preseason All-Conference team. So their will be some talent exiting the league at the end of this season.

Comment

Shocks are going to need quite a bit to go right for them to move up substantially. As I said earlier, I agree with you on our power up front. I think, healthy, we can compete with most everyone on the front line. It's in the back where we've struggled mightily, in addition to setter. Unless our Polish newcomer is the real deal, it seems like a 6-2 again. But we've GOT to be able to pass better, a lot better, to put the ladies in a position to score.

I do think our schedule allows us an opportunity to develop some cohesiveness before the conference gets into full swing. Successful non-conference or not, that first weekend of conference I can see us being pretty fragile. A couple of veteran top 4 type teams on the road will be a rough way to open AAC play.

Comment

Looks like the roster is now updated to include photos of players including the newcomers.

However, if I am not mistaken Morgan Stout is not in the team picture on the roster page. I don't think it's possible to read anything into that. Just something I noticed.

Comment

Working...
        X