Shockers vs KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockers vs KU

flyingMoose any thoughts on Thursday's match with KU. Looks like a good start and the it progressively got worse after the 1st set.

Doesn't appear that Lambo can find the answers. I'm confident he is searching for them. But if the answers don't exit on your roster then searching becomes somewhat futile.

Looks like Emma and Natalie were pretty effective in the middle and relatively busy but looks like we could not get anything going on the pins,
    -
    Emma and Natalie were 20-3-42 = .357; Kill % = 48.8%; Error % = 7.1%

The rest of the team was 18-23-102 = -.049; Kill % = 17.6; Error % = 22.5%

Those rest of the team numbers are pretty terrible. Maybe worse than the Shocker men's basketball stats against Drake.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 19, 2021, 01:00 AM.

It was baaaaad. Lambo is grasping for anything but coming up empty.

it’s stunning to me how often we get a “free ball” and fail to make a decent pass which either leads to a below average set or worse, an out of system swing.

The crowd was surprisingly large to me, even allowing for annoying Ku fans.

Ku dug everything in sets 2, 3 & 4

Comment

We haven’t hardly seen Nicole Anderson lately but Lambo gave her a shot in the 4th. She didn’t look ready and I wonder if she’s been ill .

We have talent but nothing is working right now. Nothing.

Comment

We won serve-receive in the first set and were still a reasonable team in the second set (but KU began to show up). After that, the JV was on the court.

Sophia was erratic, putting a number of swings well out. Marriah had four nice kills in the first set and then disappeared. Mckayla, late in the third, put a couple of sets about net high for Emma. Hailey Plugge played the rest of the match in her spot. As noted, when we got a good pass-set-swing, we couldn't seem to get the ball on the floor. And when KU dug it, the pass always seemed to be spot on, a feat the Shocks rarely accomplished.

We don't pass well enough, and we don't set well enough. Still.

Comment

Working...
        X