2020 VB and Italy . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 VB and Italy . . .

Perhaps this has been discussed already, but will the Shockers travel to Italy this summer? . . .

Outlook for a season? . . .
    If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
    Perhaps this has been discussed already, but will the Shockers travel to Italy this summer? . . .

Outlook for a season? . . .
    Probably not....for 2 reasons. I did not see Gio on the roster.

Comment

The athletic department got two big chunks of change at the raffle for the trip. I can’t remember the value but I think it was north of 15 grand each. How does that work if there is not a trip?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Probably not....for 2 reasons. I did not see Gio on the roster.
        Not all that surprising that Gio not listed on he roster but, assuming she would have been fully recovered and available, still be big blow. Of course, who knows whether or not they will even be playing this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Not all that surprising that Gio not listed on he roster but, assuming she would have been fully recovered and available, still be big blow. Of course, who knows whether or not they will even be playing this fall.
          If one wishes to connect dots: Had there been no COVID-19, the team would have been going on their trip this summer and, I'm pretty sure,Gio with them.

What COVID-19 has created, Gio healthy or not, no trip, who knows about the season, no reason for Gio to stay with the team. She's given a lot to the program and time to think of her future, in or out of playing volleyball.

Comment

Hearing Gio is transferring.

Comment

Gio ready to transfer to Wisconsin, two or one year left? Anyone know for sure?

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
                Gio ready to transfer to Wisconsin, two or one year left? Anyone know for sure?
                I think she has 1 year left under the 5 years to play 4 rule. She was at WSU for 4 years. Played 11 games as a freshman but somehow received a medical redshirt waiver. Played the next 2 years as a redshirt freshman and sophomore. She mIssed her full junior season last year due to injury. I suppose there is a possibility that she could apply and receive a 1-year clock extension ala Grant Gibbs so she could play 2 more years.

Not sure what's behind her transferring but based on how Lambo has described her she really hates losing. Could be she is looking at another reset for the Shocks with another pretty inexperienced team this year and just wanted to go somewhere she could win big and get to play in an NCAA Tournament. Unlikely, the Shocks will be there this next season assuming they play at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I think she has 1 year left under the 5 years to play 4 rule. She was at WSU for 4 years. Played 11 games as a freshman but somehow received a medical redshirt waiver. Played the next 2 years as a redshirt freshman and sophomore. She mIssed her full junior season last year due to injury. I suppose there is a possibility that she could apply and receive a 1-year clock extension ala Grant Gibbs so she could play 2 more years.

Not sure what's behind her transferring but based on how Lambo has described her she really hates losing. Could be she is looking at another reset for the Shocks with another pretty inexperienced team this year and just wanted to go somewhere she could win big and get to play in an NCAA Tournament. Unlikely, the Shocks will be there this next season assuming they play at all.
                  Has Lamb burned out? Needs his wife running the team again so he can pretend to be the mad scientist. Lectured AAC coaches during the first year on how to schedule. Ran through the league. Now they seem to be in a perpetual rebuilding mode and losing a heck of a player. Sinking ship?

What’s going on?

Comment

Civita to Wisconsin isn’t a sign that the sky is falling. Wisconsin is always a top program and played in the national title game. Sending his libero there is a testament to Shocker player development under Lamb.

Comment

Originally posted by JayPak View Post
                      Civita to Wisconsin isn’t a sign that the sky is falling. Wisconsin is always a top program and played in the national title game. Sending his libero there is a testament to Shocker player development under Lamb.
                      I don’t want WSU to be the player development league for “P5”. How would we react if our BB players left after great “player development” as we constantly rebuild.

Comment

One player hardly makes a trend. We missed on a setter for the 1st time in nearly 17 seasons. As long as Lambo is in charge, we'll be fine. We have good talent coming in, but we do need an elite setter to be top of the heap, someone like, Emily Hiebert, Chelsey Feekin, Mary Elizabeth Hooper or Abbey Harsh who collectively have covered 2004 (a season before almost everyone here became a fan) through 2017. Big shoes to fill.

Comment

Working...
                        X