Shocker volleyball telecast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker volleyball telecast?

Can anyone tell me how to watch the K-State/WSU volleyball game tomorrow afternoon, either on television or via live stream?

Best I can tell there will be no video available for the match with K-State. I've looked at goShockers.com and both the Nebraska and K-State websites and don't find anything with respect to an online video option or TV (except that Nebraska's matches will be televised by NET TV whose coverage is pretty much limited to the state of Nebraska).

Comment

I recall that last year, all of the first weekend matches were available via streaming video. I think host institutions were required to provide it for free. The preview on the Texas site speaks of Internet audio/video being available free on GT and NCAA.com. I will spend some time later tonight or tomorrow nosing around to see what I can find. Headed to the WBB game right now.

Comment

That's about the best I can find, as well, although there were indications that the game would be covered on ESPNU, but it is not reflected on the scheduling so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuigi View Post
          ... there were indications that the game would be covered on ESPNU, but it is not reflected on the scheduling so far.
          I think all the Regional matches (next weekend) are on either ESPN3 or ESPNU, but I don't think this weekend's matches are covered by the ESPN family. Adding further to my recollection, I believe there was a live scoreboard on NCAA.com for the matches, and there may have been links to streaming video there. But then I have had a nap since then, so who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
            ... I believe there was a live scoreboard on NCAA.com for the matches, and there may have been links to streaming video there.
            A series of quotes from replies on a VT thread:

"You can tune into the host sites for video feeds. All will be free. The NCAA prohibits fees for NCAA tournament matches."

"I remember last year, all streams were required to go through the NCAA's All-Access website, and host sites weren't sending the stream through their own channels."

"As for having to pay for any of the matches during the tournament, if the NCAA has not changed their rules since last year about online matches then ALL these online tournament matches will be free and none of the schools can charge for them. You may have to suscribe(FREE) to a schools/conferences site to access matches."

The comments vary a little, but the upshot is that the Shock and K-State should be available. You may have to poke around a little to find them though.

Hmm. Try this site - see if it is not updated tomorrow. Its format looks familiar.

Comment

Here is the schedule for live video events on Husker.com which does list the WSU-KSU match this afternoon.

http://www.huskers.com/liveEvents/li...OEM_ID=100&KEY=

What I do not know is if this is free. I have a feeling you will have to pay for at least a 1 month subscription at $12.95 but I am not at all certain about that.

Comment

Its on.

LINCOLN, Neb. - The Wichita State volleyball team will play Kansas State at 4:30 p.m. today in the first round of the NCAA Tournament at NU Coliseum.
                First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Thanks, shock10.

Comment

Has anybody figure out how to get the stream on the NCAA site yet?

Comment

Nope, but works if you just click to Huskers.com and hit play

Comment

Got it. Thanks @dregn:

Comment

Working...
                        X