No announcement yet.

SIU (Alumni Game) & Evansville (Senior Night) Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a great picture of our 3 seniors, arm-in-arm, watching their highlights prior to the final match in Koch Arena:

:adoration:

Comment

here is the seeding breakdown if my math is right:

UNI has clinched the #1 seed and their third straight outright MVC regular season championship
      MSU clinches the #2 seed with their next win [@ins, @ils] or a WSU loss
      WSU clinches the #3 seed with their next win [@ils, @ins] or if Creighton loses at Drake (outside chance of #2)
      Creighton likely ends up as #4 (outside chance of #3)
      ILS most likely #5

the last spot in the MVC tourney (#6) is down to Drake and Indiana State. If Drake loses to Creighton, or if Indiana State can pull the upset over MSU or WSU, then the Sycamores will end up at #6. Not sure who holds the tiebreak if Drake beats Creighton and INS loses both matches. UPDATE: if Bradley wins their two remaining matches (at SIU and at Evansville) and Indiana State loses both theirs, Bradley could possibly claim the #6 spot

=======================================
      Most likely tournament pairings (as I see it):
      #1 UNI vs. winner of [#4 Creighton vs. #5 Illinois State]
      #2 MSU vs. winner of [#3 WSU vs. #6 {Drake or Indiana State or Bradley}]
      Last edited by JayJ79; November 13, 2011, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Thank you, thank you, thank you to Mary Elizabeth, Sarah and Camri. Simply outstanding young ladies and role models. Could not really ask for anything more than what these ladies have contributed which is the very best they had. Best of luck with the remainder of the season, let's hope that incudes a trip to the NCAA Tourney, and best of luck in all your future endeavors.

:poster_shocks:

Said so well, I will just say ditto.

I will add a little extra love for MEH.....where those 4 years went since you enrolled early from Plano I will never know.

Words cannot describe the admiration I have for these wonderful young ladies. The are special people, part of a special program. I wish them all the best for a lifetime of happiness.

Comment

just realized that with their upset win over Creighton, Bradley is still in the running for that #6 spot (I think). They've split head-to-head with both Drake and Indiana State, but the "power rating" tiebreaker is still too close to call at this point.

Personally, I'd kind of like to see the Braves pull it off.

Comment

Working...
          X