MVC Tournament and NCAA At-Large Possibilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be a fun match. Here's the take from K-State:

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

If I read this bracket right? Wichita State would be a nine seed. If it was seed like basketball and every team was seeded. Missouri State would be a 13 seed Kansas State an eight seed Nebraska a one seed Pepperdine a 4 seed. UNI would be a 2 seed.
      Last edited by shock10; November 27, 2011, 07:52 PM.
      First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

The Wichita State Shockers are 21- 10!!! Get it right ncaa oh bcs my mistake...
        Last edited by shock10; November 27, 2011, 08:06 PM.
        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by shock10 View Post
          The Wichita State Shockers are 21- 10!!! Get it right ncaa oh bcs my mistake...
          One of our wins is against a non division I school, so the ESPN listing was probably of DI record.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Would that be Nebraska-Omaha?

Comment

If I read this bracket right? Wichita State would be a nine seed. If it was seed like basketball and every team was seeded. Missouri State would be a 13 seed Kansas State an eight seed Nebraska a one seed Pepperdine a 4 seed. UNI would be a 2 seed.
              In volleyball, there is no seeding beyond the sixteen national seeds and perhaps those are shuffled a bit for regional purposes. The NCAA attempts to keep travel costs down, so assignments to first-round sites have a heavy geographical basis. Thus, we have been to Lincoln "innumerable" times. At Lincoln, we are the 2/3 seed along with K-State, but that has no implications within the Honolulu Regional. Perhaps @JayJ79: can explain this better.

For more,

Last edited by flyingMoose; November 28, 2011, 09:00 AM.

Comment

I will note that UNI is the #6 national seed and hosts Niagara and Florida/Missouri.

Comment

Since I am a big fan of Pablo Rankings, I feel compelled, yea driven, :) to post the Updated Pablo Rankings thread from Volley Talk.

Comment

Originally posted by BCSCat View Post
                    Should be a fun match. Here's the take from K-State:

http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/w...112711aaa.html
                    “Wichita State is a great in-state program,” Fritz said. “They have done tremendous things in the Missouri Valley. They’re very well supported down there. There will be a lot of their people there to cheer them on and we’re going to need a lot of our folks there as well.”

Am I off base in taking that as a backhanded compliment?

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                      Since I am a big fan of Pablo Rankings, I feel compelled, yea driven, :) to post the Updated Pablo Rankings thread from Volley Talk.

You have every reason to be a big fan of Pablo. Anyway, interesting to note that only 1 team with a higher Pablo ranking than WSU (BYU) failed to get in while 7 teams with a worse Pablo did get in.....in other words WSU wasn't that much on the bubble, furthering my belief that when it comes to 2011 WSU Volleyball, I know nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        “Wichita State is a great in-state program,” Fritz said. “They have done tremendous things in the Missouri Valley. They’re very well supported down there. There will be a lot of their people there to cheer them on and we’re going to need a lot of our folks there as well.”

Not at all. Could have been worded much better. Such as, "Wichita State represents the state of Kansas well" and "They have done very well in the Missouri Valley and nationally".

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Most of those who wear the masculine color of purple offer the backhanded compliments to us. It's no different on this website.

I hope the girls smoke em to eternity.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

As @flyingMoose: pointed out it is difficult to make the leap beyond the top 16 seeds to how the remaining 48 teams would be seeded based on comparing the VB bracket to the Men's Basetball backet due to the non-volleyball factors involved.

IMHO, Missouri State has a better chance of advancing to the Sweet 16 than do the Shockers. I think the Bears' chances of getting past #15 Pepperdine and the UNC/Cal winner are better than the Shocks' chances of getting past K-State and Nebraska. The Shocks may have a slightly better chance of winning in the 1st round.

UNI should have no problems getting past Niagara. I think Florida will get by Missouri and face UNI in the 2nd round which I think will be a formidable opponent for UNI. Hopefully, home court advantage will carry UNI into the Sweet 16.

Comment

Working...
                            X