Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drake and Creighton Weekend

Sure, I'll do it.

Ok, 'Moose you beat me to it by two minutes so I deleted my thread and moved my post here.

The Shocks host Drake and Creighton this weekend and really can not afford a loss to either at this point.

Drake seems to be down some from last year although they did take Kansas State to 5 sets in Manhattan.

Creighton is solid with good size and a good setter and they always seem to play hardest against their non-rival Shockers.

What I want to see out of the Shocks this weekend is to bring a high level of energy and focus to the court.

:goshocks:

Comment

Pablo, fwiw, has us at 39, Drake at 161 and Creighton at 63.

Comment

Missouri State 3-1 Creighton

Missouri State has a Pablo of 54 v 63 for Creighton.

Comment

Wichita State 3-0 Drake

19, 13 and 15.

We came out a little flat defensively in the first set, allowing several roll shots to fall in the middle. But there was little to complain about in the rest of the match.

We hit .412 for the match v .114. We had eight blocks v four.

Sam was an absolute beast, 12-1-21 to hit .524.

Emily was very efficient also, 11-1-19 for .526.

Comment

Yep, the Shocks took a little while getting the juicies flowing and perhaps making an adjustment to what Drake was doing and finally broke away from a 12 all tie in Set 1 and were never really threatened after that.

Got a little sloppy at the end of Set 3 when Lambo subbed in the reserves but pretty solid and efficient work by the Shocks.

Sam responded very well to the write-up this morning by Paul Suellentrop. She definitely had a major league fastball working for her tonight.

Hopefully, this will carryover to tomorrow night against Creighton. Should be much tougher sledding against the Bluejays.

Comment

Elsewhere in the Valley, Friday, October 7th:

Southern Illinois 3, Indiana State 1 in Terre Haute 18-25, 25-22, 25-23, 25-13

UNI 3, Bradley 0 in Cedar Falls 25-22, 25-11, 25-18

Missouri State 3, Creighton 1 in Springfield 25-16, 21-25, 25-19, 25-21

Illinois State 3, Evansville 1 in Normal 25-17, 17-25, 25-19, 25-14

Comment

Shocks with a very solid 17, 15, 22 sweep of Creighton in front of the best crowd of the year, although I did not hear an attendance figure.

Sam Sanders leading the way. If you like power volleyball you will love Sam. Several of her kills left a vapor trail tonight.

Ashley Andrade was a perfect 8 kills in 8 attempts.

Good job by the Lady Shocks and by Shocker fans.

:good: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

2834 http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...DB_OEM_ID=7500
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Wichita State 3-0 Creighton

17, 15 and 22.

Again, a nice efficient win where we were in control the entire match (well, maybe a little close at the end - it was 23-22).

At the beginning of the post-game, Lambo was not pleased with a couple of items, but I caught the tail-end of those comments, so I am not sure what they were.

We hit .352 v .124 and had 12 blocks v 4, Creighton being one of the better blocking teams in the Valley.

Ashley was 8-0-8 for 1.000 and had eight BA. Camri was 7-0-17 for .412 and Sam was 13-4-27 for .333. Emily had an off night, only hitting .111.

'72, the crowd was 2834 on Dig Pink Night, a rainy one at that.

Comment

Actually, I'm surprised it was only 2,834. Looked like more than that to me but we are pretty spread out now that both sides of the arena are open. I thought it was a pretty energetic crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose
                        At the beginning of the post-game, Lambo was not pleased with a couple of items, but I caught the tail-end of those comments, so I am not sure what they were.
                        He wasn't real happy with the back row play and he said there was something in the scouting report that they had really worked on that they did not execute well but he didn't want to mention what it was specifically (still have a return to trip to Creighton this year I guess).

Comment

Sam did hit the ball with great force tonight. My wife and a friend of mine all looked at each other after a couple of her kills and knew we didn't want to be on the other end of them trying to block or dig them. I thought we showed alot more versatility tonight in that the middles were more active on the attack. A lot more spread out than in the past. This is just a novices (me) observations. I do like the way they cover the upper seats and open the entire arena to seating in the lower portions.

Comment

Made it to my first WSU volleyball match in many many years, and had a great time. The Shockers dominated for most of the 3 game sweep of Creighton. Very impressed with Sanders! Wish I could get back to Wichita more often.

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
                            -- Pele

Comment

Other MVC Results (Saturday, October 8th):

Indiana State 3, Evansville 1 in Terre Haute 25-19, 21-25, 25-23, 25-11
                              Missouri State 3, Drake 0 in Springfield 25-14, 25-19, 25-13
                              Illinois State 3, Southern Illinois 1 in Normal 25-18, 22-25, 25-19, 25-23

Comment

Working...
                              X